Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:

Law Enforcement Retired. Air Force Reserves Retired. Working security now. Garrett 350 and AT PRO. Just getting in to the hobby but I love it already. Looking forward to more hunts.

I was raised in my dads garage/service station
I was a professional auto mechanic for 10 years and jumped ship to work on big stuff.
I've been a millwright/mobile heavy equipment maintenance tech since the mid 90's specializing in electric drive systems, but I do a bit of everything, on everything. I prefer being the company electrical geek though. I like fixing things with a multimeter and a soldering iron more than I do with wrenches and sledge hammers. :)

I am also half owner in a small (more of a hobby than anything lately) firearms business.
I also have a full machine shop that I put together in my garage. I fabricate a lot of my own stuff from scratch, as well as do small jobs for other people....I also dabble in a bit of gunsmithing for myself and friends from time to time.

Hi all
Hello! I am kinda new at this but Here goes....
I started working for my grandfather, as a big truck mechanic in 1970, I did all maintenance, rebuilt engines & transmissions, I was a truck mechanic most of my life, the last place I worked, I was there 25 years, before I lost my job because of cutbacks, in 2006, after that I got total disability, because of a bad back and carpal tunnel in both wrists & sleep apnea, since then, I have had my lower back fused, left knee replaced (total), and probably this fall I will have to have the other knee done.

My hobbies are working on my family tree, I have the Friedman (nn) side of my back to 1550 in Baden Baden Germany, (Catholic), My 3rd Great-grandfather brought my side of the family to the US and to Stark Co, Ohio in 1832. also I in-joy camping and started in metal detecting Christmas of 2014 and I am still building my supply of equipment.

I have an Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector, a Garrett Pin Pointer, two Garrett Camo Canvas Recovery Bags and a Garrett Treasure Pouch and a
Whetstone Cutlery Full Tang 25 " machete to cut through tall brush.

I am on Ancestry.com I have almost 7,000 people in my famly tree, and Findagrave.com as Dennis Friedman, if you think you might be related, I would like to hear from you.

Pa. Statepoliceman retired with 30 years of service, 76 yrs old and just celebrated 50th wedding anniversary..Two great kids in their 40's who never married so no grandchildren but we do have a 10 year old Keeshond who rounds out our family..Used many Garrett products over the years and found a lot of goodies...

Just found your site and registered. I'm a retired welder and Army Warrant Officer. I have an old Garrett Master Hunter 5 ADS & now have time to use it more. Live in S.W. MO.

I've worked as an artist for a lot of years. From painting animation cels to book covers , commercial murals and a bunch of years painting custom artwork on motorcycles, guitars, etc. Right when the great recession hit, I merged into screenprinting clothing and still doing design/artwork.
Teaching myself mandolin. Married for almost 34yrs . We have 2 special needs pups and our 16yr kitty.
I'm really new to detecting and am hooked!

Like your thread, I use to do Orthopedic sales; implants, Dynamic Splinting, Bone stimulators, ect
My wife is a RN, specializing in wound care, tough job.
Happy Detecting, going out after work to swing

I have been an Degreed Electronics Technician / Industrial Technician for 31 years , repairing industrial and consumer electronics, 3 phase motors and controls , Single phase motors and controls programmable controls wiring and troubleshooting, VLFs install and setup , , building my own placer mining equipment 3 highbankers a 4 inch dredge I like to call it a super 4inch because of the larger water pump and larger sluice box on the dredge , I am also a certified diver and a Vietnam combat veteran 1971 -1973 !!!!

I have worked for people like this before if you have the skills to do the job of 5 guys the employer loves to save money by putting you through the wringer !!! Years ago I worked as a Electronics Field service tech traveling to every state in the union and Europe , south America , the Orient but they were working me to death and when I quit, the company had to hire 3 technician to replace me and that was in 87 it is worse now !!!!

Very funny , Let me know how things go in Kingston, Ma today.
Make sure you tell the land owner your lousy at MD and will not be able to give him a cut because you only find nails, lol

I'm a RN, did 15 years Med Surge, now Psych Charge nurse, work at night. Used to listening to ALL kinds of signals, verbal and non-verbal. Beach hunting and dirt fishing is a real stress reliever for me. Happy Hunting and may you always return home with nothing broken, nothing missing and all's well in your world.

Application developer specializing in Forte Java. I write security code for phones for West Corporation. West Corporation Not detector related so I hope the url is fine.

I previously work in Orthopedics and Podiatry, with internal implants and range of motion devices. I also work in Therapy dealing with Musculoskeletal disorders of the extremities.

Well my high school class trip was with the Marine Corps as a Corpsman in Viet Nam. I made the mistake 11 days after discharge of stopping in at a local manufacturer of pet toys and treats and applied for a job, a couple days later I went to work. Started out as a lowlife laborer and to many years later with added education, ended as plant manager, told him I would have his job someday during interview. Anyway I retired at 55 and have tried to be a treasurer hunter/dirt fisherman with little success.

Worked construction through the 90s and then started career at walmart 1997 til present .