Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:

I had a career as a salesman for the Frito-Lay company and retired in 2002. Since then I still work part time for the Pepperidge Farm Company.

Im soldier from the school of hard knocks, first working years food service greasy spoon mom and pop diners to hoilday inns and fancy hotels and a country club kitchen, 3 years machine shop work 25 years interior ane exterior home painting and drywall finishing voted for trump , believe in jesus , all the constitution ice fishing bow hunting , gardening , canning , making jurkey like trucks with roll down windows and the bright SWITCH on the floor, and a short solid low conductive hit in the 50s on my at gold ,

I'm brand new to this intriguing hobby (so new that my Ace 350 hasn't even been delivered yet). I am retired after 33 years in law enforcement (retired police chief). I now write travel columns and ride motorcycles. I figured that the three hobbies would go well together. Touring on the M/C, then writing about the places I visit, and metal detecting while there. Not looking to make a killing or get rich just looking to have fun and add a new hobby to the ones I already have. Ha Ha Ha.

Hi,folks. I was here years ago, under some name, or another. (Can't remember, and can't find any previous posts, that I can identify.)
Spent 7 years in law enforcement, which is where I got into this hobby. (Couldn't resist the beaches on St Thomas, and Puerto Rico.)

Moved to Texas, spent 2 years as a short order cook, while I finished my degree. (Spent those years coinshooting.)
Went into IT, and retired in 2016 after a heart attack.

Was a Garret die hard until I became disabled. Then switched to a Tecknetics Delta because my Garrets became too heavy to swing. I still have my AT4 Beach-hunter and GTI 1000, Just can't swing them for any lenght of time.

Now, I hunt loose soils, and beaches because I can't kneel to dig. (Waiting on an grandson to get old enough to help Granpaw dig.) ;-)

It's always nice to hear about you, other then you swing an ACE, GTI, GTP, AT Pro, water machine , gold machine etc. Sometimes what you do or did for a living can be a real asset to some issues on the forum. And, it would just be interesting to see the broad spectrum of careers which may have triggered a desire to metal detect.

people.jpg

I guess I'll start...........

A RN Specializing With Hip & Knee Replacement Rehab Therapy......

Been an RN for about 20 years. Prior to that I flew hot air balloons for a living for about 5 years, prior to that property management and prior to that an environmental education to hopefully become a conservation officer for wildlife protection, but as is sometimes the case, things don't always turn out as planned. I have a lovely (only) wife of 24 years marriage, 4 & kids.

Life's been good!
Interesting about the hot air balloons. Sounds like fun ( and dangerous). I flew airships in the Navy. They were all shut down in Nov. 1962. Only a few of us left. You are right , our lives can take some unplanned routes.

I work in a limestone mill. I run a narrow belt saw and saw the large blocks in to various size slabs. The belt is a polymer type material with diamond segments for cutting the stone.

Attachments

• 7FEB018A-5DBD-4056-A487-7842D98653A7.jpeg
    7FEB018A-5DBD-4056-A487-7842D98653A7.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 133
After Naval Aviation Cadet training (2 yrs. college) I finished heavier-than-air training then was sent to NAS Glynco, Ga. (Brunswick) for lighter -than- air training. Graduated as a brand new Ensign and had my "wings of gold". Sent to NAS Lakehurst, N.J. to fly airships. 362' long. Easy to fly over the ocean but over land it could be like trying to control a p----- off whale. Great duty hunting Russian subs. The rest is varied and somewhat boring.

Manager for Hardees restaurant (70s)
Meat Cutter for Piggly Wiggly (70s)
Barber part time (family thing, Dad, Mom, Brother and Sister worked in the hair business)
Got married in 77 and went back to college (probably best thing I ever did)
IT Degree
Been working at Ft Stewart GA since 79
Currently Acting division chief for the Information Assurance division
Ask me next year!!!! Plan to retire on October 1st

Brother-in-law is avid detectorist and has gotten me interested.. figure it is a good way to get needed exercise after 34 years of sitting behind a desk. Got an AT Pro for Christmas... found a 1993 Nickle in my first hole and a very old hoe in the second.
Jv email me. wilsonsmith@wildblue.net

It's always nice to hear about you, other then you swing an ACE, GTI, GTP, AT Pro, water machine , gold machine etc. Sometimes what you do or did for a living can be a real asset to some issues on the forum. And, it would just be interesting to see the broad spectrum of careers which may have triggered a desire to metal detect.

people.jpg

Been an RN for about 20 years. Prior to that I flew hot air balloons for a living for about 5 years, prior to that property management and prior to that an environmental education to hopefully become a conservation officer for wildlife protection, but as is sometimes the case, things don't always turn out as planned. I have a lovely (only) wife of 24 years marriage, 4 & kids.

Life's been good!

Hi, just got Ace 400. Was industrial boiler operator till retired. Had to find something to do with all my time. Had one yrs back, get tech now. Found my first coin, 1980 penny in front yard,lol. But was grt fun! Looking forward to new discoveries!

Finished HS, worked as a welder for one year. Joined USAF & served six years as a MP. Factory worker for a few years. Finally finished college 16 years after finishing HS. Spent 6 years teaching life/earth science to 7th & 8th graders. Next 7 years spent running a rural 3 campus school network. Last 10 years spent teaching technology applications to 6th graders. Retired, 23 years was enough time spent in the education field for me. Went back to work part time for a small railroad museum as a museum guide. Been metal detecting off and on for the last 44 years.

Worked for a regional Bell Telephone Company (Southwestern Bell, which purchased AT&T and kept the name). I was in installer/repairman for 33 years. I had an associates degree in electricity. Loved my work. Took a buyout in 2002 and started my own telephone business until back surgery ended my career and I had to retire. Doc told me I still had 3 ruptured discs and Any quick turn or any bending or lifting could cause another surgery. So, I took his advise and retired and perused my metal detecting hobby that I have been in since 1971. Still going strong! try not to think about my back!

people.jpg

Life's been good!

Contract Specification Writer Okinawa, Japan