Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

things every detectorists should have with them...

Trash bag to take all the trash out of the area you dig.
Bottled water as I am sure you will need it if you are going to be there for a while.
Alway have extra headphones with the supplies incase your go bad so you dont ruin the day.
Have a first aid kit just in case you get cut by glass or trash in the hole.
The one thing I don't recommend is a shovel in parks and public places as it will get you and other ban, A good digging knife like the Lesche made for detecting and dont give a bad impression to anyone seeing you, shovels are made for field and beach hunting.

Rick

Concealed Weapon for sure for me.
Just a few weeks back I was in the wooded part of the park, I noticed a guy moving in on me so I moved away trying to keep my distance. Well this went on for maybe 30 minutes and I for sure wasn't getting any detecting done. So I decided to give up trying to hunt and head out, well I made that move and he moved to cut me off from the way I came in. So I got my handgun in my hand with it in a jacket pocket. When I was at the point of making a right turn down hill the way I came in I made a left turn up hill and got out on the road were people were. I started walking the road to my truck and lady was on a high bank above the road and she started walking in my direction. She had a phone in her hand kind made a motion that she wanted to talk. She said she could see the guy stoking me and the police were on the way, and in a minute or so 2 police cars pulled up.
Glad I had the handgun and I am even more glad I didn't have to use it.

Tape measure... And a camera...
tcc1.png
tcc2.png

Trash bag to take all the trash out of the area you dig.
Bottled water as I am sure you will need it if you are going to be there for a while.
Alway have extra headphones with the supplies incase your go bad so you dont ruin the day.
Have a first aid kit just in case you get cut by glass or trash in the hole.
The one thing I don't recommend is a shovel in parks and public places as it will get you and other ban, A good digging knife like the Lesche made for detecting and dont give a bad impression to anyone seeing you, shovels are made for field and beach hunting.

Rick
I have this...

Attachments

• 20230619_223446.jpg
    20230619_223446.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
I carry a small magnifier and a small water spray bottle (for silver coins), tweezers, small single battery flashlight as well. My finds pouch has a zippered pouch on the front so easy packing

I carry a plastic Pill bottle to keep my good discoveries separated.
Just be careful at the beach. Last year I was in waist deep water and I wonder what is the purple thing floating away in the waves?
The buoyancy of the air filled bottle pulled it out of my swim suit pocket and I had to chase it down. :p

Kevlar helmet, flak jacket, cameo shirt and pants. MOST IMPORTANT - Prepared/memorized statement..."Folks remain at your own risk. I am here to locate and remove Land Mines".
Once the site is cleared...proceed to detect undisturbed. ;)