Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This experienced detectorist Paystreak Superfreak on YouTube is struggling with Deus II recent software updates

I got a go pro 4 years ago for Christmas and have yet to use it. My intentions were to make some in field videos of my finds. My test bed is seasoned twice as many years as calabash has in this hobbie,,and I’ve never once thought about using it or my go pro to make someone’s machine look bad...That in itself speaks of his character, he’s not in it for the good of the hobbie,he’s in it for himself....If anyone can’t see that I’d hafto say they’re in denial,and I hope they know when to throw in the towel on backing him.

from what I understand we can go back to v0.6 if we don't like 7... i'm on the fence. Had it out for a couple of days and I couldn't settled it down.

One minute he gives high praise to how the D2 is on another level. Then next it performs like a Radio Shack detector??…..Personally I think either he is in love with Nokta or paid by them? I don’t find him credible at all now….My experience with the D2 is different than his……I’m not seeing the troubles he’s having with mine.
My D2 seems to function well. Each update has improved performance for me. Maybe his detector is malfunctioning. He seems pretty bummed out about it.

Gary from xp has a video out in which he is using version 07 on the deus 2 and it looks like it working great . He even talks a little bit about the update

I think he's got a bad/defective D2 (or bad coil).----Wonder if he's tried different coils on his D2?
Very possible!………From what I’ve seen on his recent videos, his D2 is acting like EMI is effecting it or he’s ground balancing it over a bunch of metal objects?…..That will screw it up!….. That’s my guess!

There are new videos today and the half beard is gone.
Also after extensive testing the problem is the wet highly mineralize soil. He borrowed a 9" D2 coil from a friend. All his detectors are struggling on a 5' nickel. The last couple of weeks have been been unusually wet changing things

The soil hasn't changed.. he also determined it was not the coil. Appears 7 update may be the culprit.

Last edited:
He was an electrical engineer for Microsoft, 50 and fully retired... yeah, what'a dummy.
I retired at age 43 with full benefits from Dept of Corrections. This has nothing to do with being really smart. He didn't design anything, just tried to destroy things after the other guys made them. I'm thinking that's what he said on the video.

It just tears him up if he has to run it in default ..He is so wound up he just thinking I have to change this or change that ... His buddy Jim can take a White's MX7 and out hunts him .. Also with the DEUS 1
I f I took a shovel out in parks and school I would be banned .. He got ran of of a curd strip .. Did you see where he found the gold pendant on a name tag and could not get it off fast enough .. Then he gives it to the owner husband all torn up

I retired at age 43 with full benefits from Dept of Corrections. This has nothing to do with being really smart. He didn't design anything, just tried to destroy things after the other guys made them. I'm thinking that's what he said on the video.
My reply was to the statement "he isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer". My comment was saying he isn't a dummy. That's all... i never claimed he was "really smart".
Do I agree with everything pssf does? Absolutely not.

The soil hasn't changed.. he also determined it was not the coil. Appears 7 update may be the culprit.
After watching the video's I tend to believe his soil did not change but the the amount of water saturating the soil has changed. That moisture is affecting all of his other detectors now too. He states the clay in his area holds the water longer than sandy porous soils.
The wet mixture can dissolve minerals that are in the soil. The question might be what mineral are present and which ones affect the detector. We all know Salt is one mineral that causes issues.
I think he shows some tests that are pretty conclusive supporting his theory of saturated soil.
He was was also honest enough to admit he was wrong about blaming the Ver 7 for the issues.
I also think another confirming test would be if he traveled to another area with sandy non clay soils and performed the same test with his D2. If the Detector works properly there, then that would support his soil theory.

I have interest in his findings because I live in an area with heavy clays from an ancient lake bed and the Mineral content reads high at 72.
During the winter the soil can freeze as deep as 3 ft.
In the spring the top layers thaw first creating a bowl affect holding water in the clay. The froze ground below will not let the water drain. I have seen tractors and bulldozers sink and bottom out in the mud leaving tracks 18" deep.
I want to know more on how that affects the detectors depth in my area.

I also think that being all wireless the coil is more a factor with EMI
Mark