Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on 6" Excelerator EQ2 Pro coil

Ohio Digger

Any thoughts on that coil? I'm considering buying one. I've had a 5" Sunray coil that I really liked. I figure maybe it could take the place of buying an SEF 8x6 and a 5" Sunray (since I don't have either one of them anymore). Thoughts on the Excelerator from anyone that's used one??

The difference in small sniper coils on the etrac is so small it seems a waste of time to try and compare them. I have used the 5" Sunray , 6" excellerator and the 4.5 x 7 excellerator and kept the 4.5 x 7 simply because I like the elliptical shape. All work great ,,,cost and personal bias will be more important than performance.

sprchng said:
The difference in small sniper coils on the etrac is so small it seems a waste of time to try and compare them. I have used the 5" Sunray , 6" excellerator and the 4.5 x 7 excellerator and kept the 4.5 x 7 simply because I like the elliptical shape. All work great ,,,cost and personal bias will be more important than performance.

Totally agree. Tiny coil=laser. Take your pick.

That coil pictured looks to be a 5" excel coil. I have the 5" sunray, 6" excel and the 4.5x7 and I like them all. The excelerator coils are great. GS

Been testing small coils and some differences. As posted above they all do about the same. The two main differences I am seeing is weight and how close I can get to large metal. I am very happy with the fbs 800 8 inch coil as it seems to be the best of both worlds, coverage and separation. I do need to get a large coil and Im on the fence about which one to buy. I think the 8 inch coil is a better fit for the Etrac. The 11 inch stock coil does good but can over load real easy.

jd88047 said:
Been testing small coils and some differences. As posted above they all do about the same. The two main differences I am seeing is weight and how close I can get to large metal. I am very happy with the fbs 800 8 inch coil as it seems to be the best of both worlds, coverage and separation. I do need to get a large coil and Im on the fence about which one to buy. I think the 8 inch coil is a better fit for the Etrac. The 11 inch stock coil does good but can over load real easy.

You're right about that JD...I've got the 8" Sunray,it really seems to be the perfect size for a lot of situations! I'm supposing the 2 have very similar capabilities,I think the Sunray is a little lighter. But all in all,the size,weight,coverage,depth,separation....a guy couldn't ask for a better size.

I use the 6" excellerator and am very happy with it. Great in heavy trash!

If u have a sunray coil i do not see much upside to own another coil an EQ2 coil. The X-5 seems to defy logic because it can go 6-7 inches deep.

My favorite coil to use when the "right" situation(s) pop up....love that little coil.!!!!!! 7-8" dimes....9" once on a large cent and also a Walker @ 9" so it can get down pretty good for a small coil..........

I used my 6" EQ 2 coil for well over 1000 hrs. ( till it shorted out ) many 7" Dimes - killer in trash - a fantastic coil to say the least !
Have the 4.5" x 7" coil now - it's shape allows you to get around in tight spots better than any other coil I've used but the 6" EQ 2 hits deeper.

I've never used a SunRay X-5 coil but over the years I've never - ever heard anything but the best about them !
The same goes for the 6 x 8 coil - everyone loves them.
The only reason I never got a 6 X 8 SEF is that I've found it much easier to hunt overgrown areas, brush hogged fields and corn fields with a solid bottom coil than it is with a open spoke coil - much less hangups !

Good Luck !

Your photo is of a 5 inch Excelerator. I was disappointed with the depth of my 5 inch Excelerator; however, the 6 inch Excelerator has good depth and is one of my favorite coils.