Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying to figure what to get

Waterdog

When I order a Xp Deus 2 do I get the 9 inch or the 11 inch coil ? Decisions Decisions. I generally hunt for coins/Jewelry in parks and recreation areas. But will take it in the water when the weather permits. Decisions Decisions.

I would agree with the 9” coil. Most places I’ve hunted beyond to death and am looking more for finding targets that are masked and fairly deep. But I’m not going for all out depth, nor all out coverage. The 9” will be better in the woods, around fences, in heavy trash….ya know. I’m used to swinging a CTX with the 17” coil so the difference in weight between the 9” and 11” is nothing. IF they come out with a bigger coil like a 13” then I’ll scoop that one up for more “open” hunting. That is, if I even buy this new machine to begin with.

I would agree with the 9” coil. Most places I’ve hunted beyond to death and am looking more for finding targets that are masked and fairly deep. But I’m not going for all out depth, nor all out coverage. The 9” will be better in the woods, around fences, in heavy trash….ya know. I’m used to swinging a CTX with the 17” coil so the difference in weight between the 9” and 11” is nothing. IF they come out with a bigger coil like a 13” then I’ll scoop that one up for more “open” hunting. That is, if I even buy this new machine to begin with.
Well hurry up and decide so I'll know it I need to do this one or replace my 3030(which is looking likely):D As for coils I am just not passionate about the larger ones. With a double D you just about have to use a 17" to get enough extra depth to make it worth it.

Well hurry up and decide so I'll know it I need to do this one or replace my 3030(which is looking likely):D As for coils I am just not passionate about the larger ones. With a double D you just about have to use a 17" to get enough extra depth to make it worth it.
I know, this waiting for some more input on the D2 is killing me. For it to see coins the 3030 will NOT would be some kind of thing, if that happens. I’m being open minded about things since my sites are all on life support…

I am getting the 9"and I will wait to see if they come out with a 11 x 13 coil and get it

I know, this waiting for some more input on the D2 is killing me. For it to see coins the 3030 will NOT would be some kind of thing, if that happens. I’m being open minded about things since my sites are all on life support…
It will see coins/relics in heavy iron that the CTX will not and I'm the biggest CTX fan there is

Interesting on the amount of people here that like the 9 inch coil. In the years of metal detecting I have found my best finds over the years with the smallest coils they make for any of the machine I have. With the deus I have the HF 9x5 and love it.
I am going to go with the 9 inch also.

Got mine with the 9" today.
I'll let you know when I take it out to my square nail and tin scrap yard that I've beat with the Deus I.
Time will tell...

If I decide to get that Deus 2 after they get here in good numbers, I'll be getting the 11"coil.

You havent lived untill youve swung a 15 inch with a swing thingy all day !
I use to hunt all day swinging the 15" coil on the Nautilus. Didn't take but a few hunts to put that 10" coil back on! 😂

9" for me I have my nox with the 11" so I prefer the 9
Mark

I took the 11” package but, that’s because 80% of my hunting is at the beach…..Otherwise I would have gotten the 9”.
Ditto! I do all my hunting at the beach, so the 11" was the way to go.