Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TUDAY'S DAH DAY!!!!

You are too anxious Del, I think it is tomorrow...........:biggrin: This is only Christmas Eve.

Larry (IL) said:
You are too anxious Del, I think it is tomorrow...........:biggrin: This is only Christmas Eve.

No it is today 7:30 PM Eastern Time remember Australia Time is ahead of us it will be Friday there but Thursday evening here.

I am as anxious as anyone...

But when marketing is done this well... We are but sheep.... being herded, guided, and lead to the place we give someone a credit card number :)

Will someone take my flippin card already... I WANT ONE !! :p

I can wait... I can wait... I can wait... more caffeine plz...

Paul

Actually, I think 10 AM "Minelab time" is 14:30 ahead of what would be 7:30 PM CDT. Not 7:30 PM Eastern time. Or did I do the math wrong?

Never mind...... Jeez......International time. I'm just not a man of the World.....

Larry (IL) said:
Never mind...... Jeez......International time. I'm just not a man of the World.....

Thats allright Larry, you are not the man of the World but you are the "Man of the hour".....it's just not this hour though!! :rofl:

I've been following the threads because like most I am deep into the enjoyment of detecting. One thing I've learned in over 35 years of information technology work (and 25+ years detecting) is to let the early adopters be the final beta testers.

:biggrin: Go ahead kick the old man when he's down ... :stretcher: :rofl:

You are behind tha times Larry---ya gotta "git with it" :rofl:-----Kiddin you, my friend. :)--------Hey, that Boxer picture---how's ole General & Maggie doin?---They're nice dogs!~
Larry (IL) said:

n/t

n/t

I'm ready as well. I'm headed to the beach in July for a week, I've longed for a water proof E-Trac. I really enjoy using my E-Trac on the beach but it's flirting with disaster so I usually stick with my Excalibur most of the time. Now with this machine, I'll have 2 machines good for water hunting.

Gotta have one!

BCOOP

I have to agree with Ytcoinshooter. As a former development engineer, I am very much aware of the strategy that many companies use to release new innovations. When a limited number of beta testers try out a new innovation, developers look for correlations of likes and dislikes among a limited, but knowledgeable, base. To meet development costs the first iteration is usually good, but not what is ultimately planned. (Look at Apple iPad, iPhone, etc for example) It's indisputable that this strategy maximizes profits. What this all boils down to is, Yes, if it is proven to be as good as the leaks have indicated, I want one. But, if the performance from early users seems problematic, I'll wait till the technological rumors become hard-core fact.

Tom

Thanks Tommcd, you cited some of the best examples I was thinking of and Apple is a company with deeper pockets than any of the metal detector manufacturers. They sure aren't the only valid example, just an easy target.

Hey Bruce, you can drool over mine when I get it one minute after midnight on the release date LOL. I will let you look at it but you can't touch it at the YTC meetings :poke: While everyone is waiting for the bugs to be fixed, I will be pulling deep silver and relics from cellar holes for months. Just some humor guys ;)