Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TV Diggers ..still acting like idiots

Elton

Screaming yelling, hanging from trees..Talking roundness etc... I turned it off !

WTH ............ Come on guys Grow up...

Just finished watching.....didn't think it was all that bad.
A little over the top with the birdbath splashing & hanging from the tree...lol
As far as most of the reality tv out there, I thought it was entertaining enough to watch again next week.

Just read your post and turned to the Nat Geo channel in time to see one of the guys holding a Marcury dime I assume he found with his detector. The guy said he was so happy he was going to eat a piece of grass from the plug, and he actually ate a blade of grass, or appeared to have.:heh:

I didn't think it was bad at all. Just wish they would have showed them putting plug back so new guys would know how to respect other people's property and not destroy it

Wow Elton, I remember when you were a nice guy, before you got the moderator complex. Sorry for your loss.
Team ATC is a detecting group that enjoys what they do and have been given the opportunity to show it to the world. Nothing new or made up for tv, we were like this before the tv series and will be when it's done. Thanks for at least trying to stomach it through 1 episode. It's not for everyone I guess.

Dropping pants and running to the outhouse. Climbing in a doghouse. Ask yourself this, Is this how you would
act on someone else's property?

You are so correct....there are many many video's of you guys in action over the last several years. I do find it interesting that a thread dealing with the subject of this show.....it was closed. Meaning we cant post any more comments. Now one of the mods starts a whole new post.....talking about stirring the pot. All i can say is King George, Ringmaster Tim....and the rest of the Montana Boys....congrats and keep it up. I know you guys have worked hard and enjoy your rewards.

Diggers re-airing @ 11pm CST

Its a great show some people act different while being in a moment of excitement.I for one jump up an down smile ear to ear and get a kiss from my wife. To many people are crying about this people last time I looked this wasnt MAYBERRY its America .If you dont like it then you sure did know alot that went on with this epsiode. .We love it and will be there every week . Remember ringmaster and king George the more you dig the more they cringe. DIG ON

I'm not going to watch any of those reality shows, for me they are just to made up. In fact I've just about gave up TV altogether! hundreds of channels and nothing on! the commercials is enough to turn me off. My 13 year old Grandson likes to watch "Pumpkin Chunking" and together we get a kick out of that. After this past election I don't even watch the NEWS anymore.

Mark

All of the nicknames and antics aside .. is it asking too much to spend 10 seconds (at the end) of your show explaining to viewers the proper way to recover a target and repair the hole? Being that this is NatGeo, you would think that it would be more important to educate viewers, rather than watch someone crawl through a doghouse. Just wondering .. does it always have to be about ratings?

If you saw the originals early last year, you can tell they decided to produce it more, add more historical stuff, add more, if you want to call it that, personality, to the guys etc. I will say I envy the guys if the show has allowed them to exclusively hook up with and dig some otherwise inaccessible historical preservation sites, etc, can you imagine having that access? For me looking out at a foot of snow it was uplifting when they pulled the coins, but the antics yes, very stupid. I did appreciate that they lit up on the finds with historical value, I actually enjoy that aspect myself. but like that other cancelled show, they started with the dollar value thing on every item they showcased finding. I tell you apparently im rich already on axe heads and buttons I have found. Good digs, all, CO

m.nydailynews.com/news/national/artifacts-pinpoint-key-hatfield-mccoy-battle-article-1.1231326

Oh boy... the digger guys are going to be doing the detecting...

if the diggers show had a disclaimer at the beginning saying that it was for amusement purposes only I might enjoy it. Perhaps it should also say something along the lines that it does not reflect the actual behavior of detectorists.

That said I obviously realize a show must be entertaining, otherwise people would not watch it, look at how successful Jerry Springer was. I can say that if someone was filming me while I was detecting the most exciting thing that would happen might be seeing someone hit me up for a buck or two in one of the city parks.

I agree with most, they don't seem to act like responsible people with all the antics, but I'm sure a lot of us have a hard time keeping a poker face when that near mint seated liberty quarter or that genuine diamond ring pops out of the ground!! I myself try to never express anything when I dig, just because I'd rather not let the rest of the world know until I have had a chance to clean and examine it first. I also don't wish to attract others to a spot that may be good for a while. They are entitled to use whatever coloquialisms they might choose to make up or use, even though it may sound assinine to the majority of experienced metal detecting folks. What I'd like to know, and you Montana guys should answer, is do you have to give ALL the good stuff you find at these sites which are restricted to the rest of us to the organizations that maintain these historical sites??? What are your archeologist's credentials?? I do wish they'd act more like they would if they weren't on TV, but if that's how they are in real life, it's OK, I just wouldn't want to hunt with them. At least they aren't overbearing fools like the "other" show. I agree that they should make more of an effort to show proper etiquette and put more emphasis on the covering of holes and showing how an experienced person can leave almost no sign they had dug there. It is still way better a show than seeing Snooki or Kim or any of the other really bad actors and shows on TV. I will watch to see if it gets better, if it doesn't it just joins the rest of the many other shows I find the time not to watch.
Happy New Year to all, by the way !!!!

I like the show and have the season set to record on the DVR.... I watched the 2 episodes that aired about a year ago and wondered what happened to them. Some of their nicknames for stuff may be annoying, but they're doing what we all love and apparently they're having fun doing it. I would hunt with these guys and swing from trees too if I found some of the stuff they find. Besides, they keep it entertaining so people will watch... I'm 100% positive that if a TV crew followed me around and put my detecting "adventures" on television then not a single soul would be into it and would change the channel in a heartbeat (no matter what I find) Sure as heck beats Rick "The Hamburgular" Savage!!!

#1..Modding here has nothing to do with if I like, or dislike the show. It also in no way reflects the Forums Owner, or Admins views.It's mine and mine alone.
#2. I felt it was a little over the top in their reactions. I can't see anyone acting like that while detecting. Excited sure..Like an idiot no..

Now..I'm still a nice guy...and just to prove it I won't delete your attack on my character. LOL

It's obvious you have a personal interest in the program.. so enjoy what you like. I hope others enjoy it too ( Really)....it's just a little silly for my liking...
Their the ones who went on public/Cable TV...Not me.. I can, and will express my personal preference of what I like and do not like on TV... I'm entitled to that even though I am a Moderator here on Find's Treasure Forum's, and very proud to be a Mod here.. Why you would try to interject that into the post "Behooves Me".. It has no bearing what's so ever! Unless of course you want to be the"'MOD"..

PS: I still think your a nice guy, even though you like the program ...:rofl:

Have a great day Montanagold hope you have a great New year, and find many valuable items while detecting..

I started watching it too, hoping there was improvement but was again disappointed with the childish, idiotic behavior. Getting excited over finds is one thing, we all do or we wouldn't enjoy the finds, but their antics are way over the top. Until they can air a metal detecting show without greed or immature behavior, the hobby will be better off without this exposure. A show where finds are found and returned to the owner without over the top acting, though less exciting to some, would be the only show that would put metal detecting in a positive light. Of course this is just my view and opinion.

Hmmm, where to start.

First off, our cable provider does not allow Nat Geo to be included in its basic package. I have not had Nat Geo since leaving TN back in 2010, so I have not seen a Nat Geo show since then. Therefore, have never seen the show, so I cannot really comment on it.

However, I will say this. The TV channel and magazine aspect of Nat Geo seem to be worlds apart nowadays. The magazine would never publish ANYTHING like what is being described of the show in it. Well, at least not the crazyness. The magazine has published very nice feature articles on the English treasure hordes found by Mders in the last few yrs however. And yes, the guy that found it did get a full page color picture of himself in the magazine with his Whites V3i. The people at Nat Geo seem to have split the entities in half and guided them in completely different directions. If you want to enjoy what Nat Geo has to offer perhaps it is time to stop watching the channel, and start reading the electronic or paper version of the magazine.

Hey at least it was entertaining there wasn't much to watch on the tube at that hour,and after all it was on metal detecting LOL:rofl: