Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two broke coils in one day

jayhop

I'm glad this wasn't me.
The Gigmaster posted a video today on YouTube where he had 2 coils to break in one day.
He's going to fix them himself. Hopefully he will post a video of his fix.
Not posting this to be negative, just being real.
I know some haven't had a coil to break, mine didn't break till well over 2 years of use.
If you park hunt and take it easy they will probably last longer. But for relic hunting in stubble and woods you can expect it to break if you use it alot.
I could go on and be more negative (real) but I will stop.

I'm glad this wasn't me.
The Gigmaster posted a video today on YouTube where he had 2 coils to break in one day.
He's going to fix them himself. Hopefully he will post a video of his fix.
Not posting this to be negative, just being real.
I know some haven't had a coil to break, mine didn't break till well over 2 years of use.
If you park hunt and take it easy they will probably last longer. But for relic hunting in stubble and woods you can expect it to break if you use it alot.
I could go on and be more negative (real) but I will stop.
When and if the ears break on mind, I think I’m going to try one of the coil ear stiffener and some JB Weld for plastic and epoxy it on.

Sorry to hear about two coils going down:(
I have had a coil break in a club competition hunt where I swung one way and my coil just kept going as I swung back to the other side. Yikes.
I repaired it with JB weld and hunted with it for years afterward:)

I have not broken mine yet and I only beach hunt. I realize it is a common issue therefore, I ware a backpack with an extra coil & hardware in it when I go hunting most of the time.

I pay way to much to halfass repair my coils.
They break they going back to Minelab.
Minelab knows their EQ coils are faulty so they can fix them.
No excuse.
I agree with you.
But I was told by minelab (repair service) that the replacement coil is only under warranty as long as the detector is.
So the replacement coil I received a couple months ago actually only had approximately 8 months of warranty.
Even they don't have faith in there build quality.
So we need to learn a long term fix.

I have not broken mine yet and I only beach hunt. I realize it is a common issue therefore, I ware a backpack with an extra coil & hardware in it when I go hunting most of the time.
And is that what you should have to do with a $950 detector? No.
But I go one step farther, I carry a second machine in the truck with extra coils.
I hope to be saved from all this craziness
soon by my Turkish friends.

I have not broken mine either but when i first got it i put a nylon washer on each side of the coil ears so it has no friction when you move the coil. Hope this helps

Here's a long-term fix buy an XP Deus.
Buy something else for sure. I'm going to try the new nokta makro when it comes out. I hope they pretty much clone the equinox technology. I'm sure the build quality will be better.

I broke my 15". They replaced without question, although it was a bit of a rigamorol to get the replacement back in my hands.

I broke my 15". They replaced without question, although it was a bit of a rigamorol to get the replacement back in my hands.
Yes that's fine, they replaced mine with no problem also. But it took about a week to contact them, I was without the coil for about 2 weeks.
The problem is when the warranty runs out.

I have 3 broken Minelab coils sitting on my bench to be repaired. There's no excuse to make them that weak.
Gigmaster posted his repair video today.

I have had two coils replaced in the last 18 months. No problem at all. the Coiltek coils have to perpendicular pieces on each coil ear to strengthen it. Not sure why Minelab doesn't update their coils to include that, it stops the flexing which causes the break. Coiltex also have a 2-year warranty.

I just replaced my 3 year old machine with a new one specifically for the warranty coverage

I have had two coils replaced in the last 18 months. No problem at all. the Coiltek coils have to perpendicular pieces on each coil ear to strengthen it. Not sure why Minelab doesn't update their coils to include that, it stops the flexing which causes the break. Coiltex also have a 2-year warranty.

I just replaced my 3 year old machine with a new one specifically for the warranty coverage
I'll tell you why, they don't give a ..........!