Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Gold rings for Equinox in tough beach conditions

SoCARalph

Equinox came through today finding two gold rings at the beach. Our beaches in Southern CA have been sanded in all winter with little to find. But after the heavy rain last night I was working a washout that removed a lot of sand down to a rocky area. It was filled with black sand and littered with iron. The equinox kept giving me good signals in a small area no more than 2 x 3 feet. I pulled out several nickels, quarters and sinkers. Nearly every scoop also brought up iron. I kept getting a good "14" on the meter and finally pulled up the 14kt gold wedding band. About an hour later (after more nickels and sinkers - good signs!) in the same general area, I got a solid "9" on the meter and pulled up the 14kt gold diamond ring. The machine is great at pulling good targets from a trashy area in the wet salt sand to boot. I did notice that deep large iron would give me a "39" on the meter but this became easy to ignore.

Really looking forward to working some more areas after some of this sand gets move - come on winter storms - it's not too late.

Nice Ralph,

Off to a great start, you're very fortunate to live near the Beach.

Congratulations!
Paul

Ralph....... next time you are out .... do me a favor, when you find some of that iron that reads 38, disc out digits 39 and 40 ....... tell me what it does.

Hi Ralph, I don’t know if you saw my post below but your digging yesterday was the motivation for it. I’m not sure the CTX would have found those targets with all the iron in the concrete - plus just the nails from the firepits. I should have asked you when we were talking. Since you have a lot of time on the CTX, what do you think - would it have done as well? Congrats on the finds, (but really sorry I didnt get there first :). ).

Hard to say without trying both detectors on the same targets but the recovery speed settings on the Equinox sure does help in the conditions that I found all those targets. After I showed you the wedding band you wished me luck and said to find another gold - which I did!

Good day at the beach.. Thanks for posting. Congrats on your finds

That's a great day in my book ! Very Nice. :thumbup:

Rich