Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

unexpected error ??

johno

after hunting today for 2 hrs i went to turn the machine of and it wouldnt turn off:surprised: i waited a few minutes and tried again and nothin it was froze up in detect screen..it was starting to rain so i just left it on figuring it needed time to unscramble being a computer and such. so after the 15 minute ride home i tried again.. i hit the button again and a screen come up, unexpected error and went away back to detect screen with no noise or nothin. i took battery out and put back in seems to be working..... was wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior.... HH

I have experienced it one time. I did the same thing. Haven't seen it since.

What usually happens is that some change was made to the CTX and before it had time to execute the change, the off button was pushed. It needs a software fix that allows it to finish any process before executing the off command. No harm done to the CTX, just restart by taking the battery off.

I too have experienced it one time when I was changing modes and settings faster than the machine could keep up with my button pushing. A re-boot solved the problem and it has not happened since.

Dave

thanks for the quick replies,,,, i sorta figured something like that.. and hoping nothing major.... thanks again.:cheers:

I have a new CTX3030, used it a few times. I downloaded Exchange2 from the website with the update. The exact same thing happened with mine. I heard that a few people are experiencing this after the update.

M2T said:
I have a new CTX3030, used it a few times. I downloaded Exchange2 from the website with the update. The exact same thing happened with mine. I heard that a few people are experiencing this after the update.

It has nothing to do with the update. Larry (IL) and DaveStar were correct with their analysis.

Digger said:
M2T said:

It has nothing to do with the update. Larry (IL) and DaveStar were correct with their analysis.

I apologize for being confused. Removing the battery corrects it, but is that the solution as a software fix?

Until Minelab tells us otherwise, we will just have to use a common sense before hitting the off button. It works for me.

After changing the settings manually or via exchange2? I have never rushed to hit the off button either time. II remember GoneHunting's video specifically stating NEVER hit the off button until it updates the settings.

When I try to overwhelm my dumb machines with my superior red-neck brain I wind up removing the battery for a quick fix. This has not happened in a while. Maybe those machines are finely coming around. Going to the woods today to hunt CW relics and I told the CTX a good tree thrashing is not out of the question so it had better be on its best behavior. Sometimes an adjustment is a good thing but by all means do not abuse your equiptment. HH :minelab::cheers:

yes thank the heavens above!!!! we still have controll over the arificial intellingence.. we still are capable of cutting the power... i showed it i ripped the power right out of it!!! it must have learned something cause so far so good. and i to didnt ask it to do nothin but turn off.. hehe 1 button 1 decision.......i guess it couldve been the temps it was around 39 that morning....:yikes: but it is technology and thats the way it is... HH

When mine froze I just held down the power button for 20sec till the machine shutdown.