Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 software hunt

CT Todd

This mornings hunt was a lot about beating the heat and needing a hunt. There was also the new V3 software update for the Equinox which I was interested to see in action. One of the claims of this update was stability improvements to all programs. My impression is that it did get better and I hardly ever say that unless an obvious improvement. I think it was. One of the places I went to today I did because it has EMI problems in the past with this unit. It was absolutely better than it had been. Yes there’s a lot of factors but between the three sites and running at 24-25 Sens it ran very nice. Best of the day picture. A very classic wizzer, a solid brass Ball? Also a nice sash buckle among others.

Attachments

• 735EB3CE-0D57-4602-929B-00CC1D58E536.jpeg
    735EB3CE-0D57-4602-929B-00CC1D58E536.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 140
Nice you had a spot or 2 in mind to try with the new update, thanks for the honest review and pics.
HH Jeff

This mornings hunt was a lot about beating the heat and needing a hunt. There was also the new V3 software update for the Equinox which I was interested to see in action. One of the claims of this update was stability improvements to all programs. My impression is that it did get better and I hardly ever say that unless an obvious improvement. I think it was. One of the places I went to today I did because it has EMI problems in the past with this unit. It was absolutely better than it had been. Yes there’s a lot of factors but between the three sites and running at 24-25 Sens it ran very nice. Best of the day picture. A very classic wizzer, a solid brass Ball? Also a nice sash buckle among others.
Did you happen to try the new frequency or just your normal settings?

Thanks for the info there, Mr. Yerkes...

I've got a few high emi sites myself that I need to get to .... as soon as the protesters go home, and it rains a little more.
:)
mike

Thanks for the info there, Mr. Yerkes...

I've got a few high emi sites myself that I need to get to .... as soon as the protesters go home, and it rains a little more.
:)
mike
It may be a while before those protesters go home.... I am experiencing the same thing!

Did you happen to try the new frequency or just your normal settings?

I did try the 4khz repeatedly on targets that I had located while in Multi. Some of them it hit hard and others not so much but it did have them all. I don't know what else to say about that.

1.) Will that firmware update run on multi freq., and include the update 4 kHz? This is most likely the most important question. 2.) For those running older computers, i.e., older programs, If you are using a USB-Serial adapter, try plugging it into a different USB port to get a lower COM port number. On some systems using USB-Serial adapters this will improve communications reliability, on others it seems to decrease. You may have to experiment to find the best setting for your system.

My new one will be tomorrow....thanks for the report on the update cant wait to test it.

1.) Will that firmware update run on multi freq., and include the update 4 kHz? This is most likely the most important question. 2.) For those running older computers, i.e., older programs, If you are using a USB-Serial adapter, try plugging it into a different USB port to get a lower COM port number. On some systems using USB-Serial adapters this will improve communications reliability, on others it seems to decrease. You may have to experiment to find the best setting for your system.
I ran into that same problem at my local library yesterday. I plugged into the USB on the side of the monitor and it wouldn’t recognize my detectors so I looked behind the computer and their was a USB terminal strips separate so I plugged into that one and both detectors uploaded perfectly.

I used it today for about 4 hours, in the rain. I wanted to see what difference it actually made on deep stuff and what was a reasonable comparison with my normal programs. I run 5 tones, and multi all the time, Park 1 and field 2. Sense is always at 23-25. So, after 4 hours with the middle size coil on a demo lot with some fill dirt I got maybe 40 coins, 4 or 5 wheats, several quarters and 3 silvers. I worked a path using the multi, and reworked the same path using the 4 signal. On all targets I switched from 4 to multi and back to compare. I found the 4 rarely hit anything under 20-24, low conductors, and the higher signals were somewhat weak sounding but solid. In 4, I got many high tone, high number, iron false readings (rusty nails and bolts) in the 37-40 range, and when switching to multi with the 'horsehoe off' got iron mixed with the erratic numbers. Consistent with iron falsing. On a 1941, 4-5" deep quarter, it rang consistent 31-32 in 4 and in multi it was weird at 23-24! On the two rosies it was 26-28 on 4 and multi. Dug two nickels, one a 1947 and a 1974, both were consistent 12 on the multi and would not ring up on the 4.
I think I need to work a bit more on the ferrous settings in 4. I was running 4 recovery speed, and fe2 at 3. I will try fe in 6 vs fe2 in 3 to see if I can get rid of the falsing.. I was thinking it was deeper for some reason in 4 but this is the first time in about a year I used the middle sized coil, running the small one all the time on junky demo lots. May be my imagination about depth.

Nice finds I just downloaded it took 5 min using Windows 7 now to try it out I guess it uses 4 kHz in multi to?
Mark

Nice finds I just downloaded it took 5 min using Windows 7 now to try it out I guess it uses 4 kHz in multi to?
Mark
My understanding is that 4Khz is available as a single frequency only. Not to be part of Multi.

For today a bit different. Hunted two permission lots and got 3 war nickels, and a very small silver round pendant attachment. I tried to hunt almost all the time in 4, and when I got a good repeatable signal I would switch to multi and then dig it. Had some 17 wheats on one yard with 2 wars. The wheats were consistent at 23-24 on 4 and multi. But it seemed the 4 was a bit less chirpy. The tones seem a bit softer on 4. All the war nickels today were in the 19 range. I adjusted my ferrous to fe 6 and recovery to 3. Seemed to help a bit on the iron, but it could be imagination. So far I probably wont be using it much unless we get in some really old stuff like a street tearout and then I will ck it against all the rust that is usually there.