Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waiting for the people excited about this machine

pulltabMiner

Like so many others, I waited with baited breath for the new machine from Minelab. I'm not excited to say the least. Now I await May 11 to see what FSB2 is.

I'm just concerned with the weight. I mean if it weighs 5 pounds that is more than the E-Trac. It would have to be balanced perfectly for me to consider it though, which it probably is ;-)
The E-Trac bugs my back but its balance is poor. Looking at that pic, I just don't see how it can weigh 5 pounds, looks lighter than an E-Trac (was a vicious rumor started? eheheh)

I have a feeling this machine has a LARGE battery and that makes me think they are amping the FBS technology to get more depth out of it. Why else have that large battery?

I really don't care about the GPS and I think few do, judging by the comments. I'd like to know where the cost is coming from, this must be some high end tech here. For the weight to be more, if indeed true, something must be up.

The wireless headphone control box is nice for those that wear their favorite headphones like me (Gray Ghosts) but they are wired and we are paying what, 200 extra for the receive box?

Albert

Good observation on the battery. As well as added depth, a color screen may also need a larger battery.

I think the will be on to another winner with this bit pricey ,but it looks the part..:clap:

Already seen and heard enough. They can KEEP it.

I would be interested, depending on price. I would think they would price it around $1999-2399 to stay in the ballpark of the deus

Been waiting on a discriminating Pulse Unit. This is a dissapointment for me. Some of you land guys may want it , but I'll stick with my Sovereigns unless May 11th.............?????

Weight is a concern to me.---Also don't need a lot of added "bells & whistles"---just want added performance at the only place it counts--in the field & under tough hunt conditions.-----Going to be very interesting to see how this detector tests out.--------Del

I heard

Don't expect them to drop the price of the Etrac, which means this machine is probably at least $400 to $600 if not much more than the Etrac so they don't steal sales from each other. I'm let down. If there were enhanced performance features where it counts (meaning in depth and unmasking) I bet they would have made a point to point that out in even that small ad. FBS 2 and Smart Find 2 sounds like proably just program processing enhancements, like perhaps a faster processor or something.

I think they drank the Whites koolaid on this one and went overboard with cramming features into it like GPS. That's the main reason I left Whites. It was less about increasing the performance of the machine and more about what kind of flashy features they could attract customers with. There's a point where less is more. All I care about is raw depth and digging, and not being bothered by this feature or that one when I'm trying to relax and just hunt. If I want to play on a computer I have one of those at home.

I doubt there is any PI ability to this machine like someone suggested. They'd be sure to push that in the ad.

What I am curious about is in the picture it shows the FE-CO screen and there is a line going down on an angle, what do you think this signifies?

Thank God I have 3 original Explorers and a GPX. I am a huge fan of Minelab because of these 2 machines but this is getting rediculous. When the Explorer came out it was and still is the deep silver king. Nothing after that had any improvements in depth. The only real performance improvement was the EX 2 with its faster processor. They just kept re-packaging the Explorer and the FBS technology and adding bells and whistles and jacking up the prices. What is this new re-packaged souped up Explorer going to cost? Will it really be deeper and faster because that is all that really matters. They did the same thing to the GPX. At least as far as relic hunting, my 4500 will find everything that a 5000 will find. Like I said I am a huge Minelab fan but I am affraid they are getting out of reach for the common person who goes out digging every so often. I dont know....maybe once this new machine comes out and people put it thru the test I will have a more favorable opinion. I for one do not need bells and whistles. I do not need a luxary Cadillac. I need a machine that is durable and will find the deep coins and relics.

Marc

Some more pictures.

Robert :drool:

I never liked the E-Trac so i guess this one will go the same the 2 detectors i have left now are just fine and lighter . Ill give it a chance and see just like everyone else but so far there is a lot of useless stuff on it IMO . Jim

If I turn on the GPS chip in my cell phone (an incredible 2) it will cut the battery time in half, which means the GPS chip by itself draws as much juice as the rest of the phone. My handheld GPS only gets 8 hours on fresh alkalines. GPS chips suck a lot of power, add a wireless transmitter for the headphones and you are using even more power. I bet those two features by themselves will consume just as much power as the rest of the machine combined.