Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waiting for the people excited about this machine

If the battery pack is a more powerful pack then that will add to the power, though the colour screen may use up some.?

The ad on MLO shows it sitting in water, so I am assuming it is a land/water machine.........nge Also, the large battery may be compensating/balancing the weight of the machine much better.

Marc in Va said:
Like I said I am a huge Minelab fan but I am affraid they are getting out of reach for the common person who goes out digging every so often. I dont know....
Marc

Well it is not like they don't make lesser price machines that work very well, the X-Terra series are fine machines at reasonable prices. They have had higher end machines for quite awhile the GPX series so everyone had a choice on what price range they wanted and the capabilities they were looking for. we just have to decide what we want in our detectors and what can we afford to pay for the model that will do the best job for us in our price range. I do not see this machine killing E-Trac sales.

Initially, from what little I have seen, this is my opinion:

Yawn!!!! Color display (V3i)....Waterproof (AT Pro)......Wireless (Deus)....GPS (I know my location already)...PC Mapping (????)
After all these years of waiting for Minelab to release a new unit......this is IT ? Where's the serious cutting edge innovation over existing technology to improve finds ?

Reality. We are all speculating until field trials are performed.

If the price is right the back up will be the etrac and ctx will be the go to. What if the explorer is getting discontinued????

I think the Explorer,Safari,Excalibur,Sovereign are on borrowed time, the Terra maybe replaced next year too , that will give them along with maybe another machine in the ET price range a new range within a year or two. Oh and a probe.

Dont care about wireless, just a good machine that finds the goodies.

JBM said:
Its not really Wireless :confused: but the XP Deus is.;) Jerry.

If you are talking about the coil being wireless then yes .... But why ??? put that coil in 2 inches of water and you will not hear a thing.... wireless is not always best for a coil....

We're just feeding the "speculative" fire people!

I guess there's only one way to find out about the CTX 3030.

Oh I do know of someone who has already field tested it.

Unfortunately that person is (has to be) tight lipped but what I have heard is, that the answer to the obvious question about the CTX is...... looks can be deceiving.

Cheers

Max

ecto1 said:
We're just feeding the "speculative" fire people!

I guess there's only one way to find out about the CTX 3030.

Oh I do know of someone who has already field tested it.

Unfortunately that person is (has to be) tight lipped but what I have heard is, that the answer to the obvious question about the CTX is...... looks can be deceiving.

Cheers

Max

Agreed !!!!

"I think the Explorer,Safari,Excalibur,Sovereign are on borrowed time"
Nuke Em

I think you may have a point there. My concern if that happens regards repair work for owners of above units. Minelab does not have a great track record for long term repair of discontinued units, like White's does.
I have a gut feeling that Minelab will thin the herd and have only a couple of high priced unit (E-Trac/CYX 3030) choices for the consumer. The X-Terra's I think will stay in place for their market segment.

Honestly you guys! All the wild speculation. Maybe you all could wait for Minelab to release a speck sheet before you all talk yourselves out of buying possibly the best coin machine they have ever made. Just saying..

But speculation is FUN!!!

True but some of them are getting down right pissy about it!

Thank you! !!

I haven't been on here for a long time but I'm wondering if everybody got there panties in such a twist over the Etrack?

probably :biggrin:

its all a bit of fun , and the machine will be great if its meets your needs and if not there are many others that will.

has many features personally i do not need for a FBS based machine only thing i want more info on is what FBS2 is and from minelabs form that's about all we will get is new FBS2 :bouncy:

i was wondering if the coils can be changed or is it hard wired if its hard wired then that is another minus for me and if coils can be changed is or will there be water problems ? all questions that need answering , what ever the case minelab have us talking about minelab and that is 100% there goal here and this new wizz bang baby has achieved that so mission accomplished.

well done minelab you have a great marketing crew and very poor after sales crew on older machines its the ultimate in new age business strategies don't fix the old ones so we need to buy the new ones :clapping: after all we are much better of having the new ones :bouncy:

BP

The Etrack is a great detector hands down. Is there any reason to believe the Ctx will bad ? No!!:hot: