Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We started a Smoking and Grilling FORUM

GateKeeper

We started a forum for those of you who have been using smokers or are BBQ grill experts with the main aim being for smokers, recipes, types of smokers, etc. for any of you interested. Come show us your recipes and share your expertise on how you use any type of smoker as well as any experts on gas grills.

We would really like any of you who are interested or have knowledge to share to go over there and register. You will need a new name and password but we brought the same forum software there so you’ll be comfortable.

Here's the link.
Patriot Smoking & Grilling

Last edited by a moderator:
Ut-oh..... lol

I know smoking is the big thing I got out of this pandemic. Gatekeeper was already an expert and within a few days my wife preferred my baby back ribs to Texas Road House’s and just that saves me a trip a week there. I added the grill since I like steak, just barely done and just enjoy trying different things with the smoker. Everyone seems to have a recipe. Perfect reason to start a forum.

Guvner..

Good deal.!
What appeals to me about smoked meat is you can do your chores while the meat is cooking.. .. and of course. .. it's so darn tasty.
I don't yet have a smoker and will be researching one that fits us here at the ranch.
I'm having great success with the Collard Green recipe I put together from 3 other recipes I thought sounded good. .. .everyone goes for seconds and love it. .. mind you, these are all Yankee's I'm talking about too. lol.

I bought a Pit Boss smoker pellet grill in July and have never looked back . No more propane for me . I'm not even close to be a grill master but eventually I may come close enough. Did 2 racks of ribs yesterday using the hickory competition blend . Very tasty . I was able to go low and slow with the smoker . While the smoker was doing its thing I was going low and slow with my Equinox . I found 3 Colonial buttons and some fresh moose tracks.

Great idea for a forum. I have a Bradley 6 rack digital and really like it. Ribs are awesome (I like St. Louis style) and also have done jerky and smoked salmon and trout all with good results. These newer smokers are so advanced it takes all the guess work out of it and you can just set everything and check it once and awhile otherwise let Er buck..

Speaking of doing your to do list while things are cooking.

Lately I’ve been hooked on Pulled Pork.
Although it’s not done on a smoker (I do the loin in a crock) it’s fantastic.
1 -Pork Loin
1 -2 Liter of Root Beer (for the citric acid) Fill up to cover Loin in crock. And no your pork has not taste of root beer btw.
1-about 4 tablespoons of Hickory or Mesquite Liquid Smoke.
Cook 6 hrs then shred and mix up your favorite BBQ sauce and walla.

I have had some in the fridge now non stop for the last few weeks. :p

One day I will break down and buy a Traeger I suppose.

I grilled some sirloin steak tips this past Sunday right after church . My wife seasoned them with a sirloin burger dry rub , grill was set at 350 . Strips were between 5-7 inches long and between 1 inch thick and 1 inch wide. I seared them for 3 minutes and turned them over to cook for another 3-4 minutes . They ended up medium rare with a great smokey flavor . Nice and tender easy to cut and juicy . I used the leftovers to make fajitas with black beans, rice and corn and a little bit of spicy heat with a Mexican shredded cheese blend and some sour cream .. Yummy ,, Sorry if I'm making anyone hungry , That was the intention .. Well Happy grilling everyone !!

Keep this up and there’ll be subcategories of smokers and recipes! Been using 18 1/2” Weber Smoky Mountain smoker for many years. I get tempted to buy a Traeger or automatic smoker, but can’t justify it when the WSM does the job, and very well I might add. It’s truly a set it and forget it smoker.

Keep this up and there’ll be subcategories of smokers and recipes! Been using 18 1/2” Weber Smoky Mountain smoker for many years. I get tempted to buy a Traeger or automatic smoker, but can’t justify it when the WSM does the job, and very well I might add. It’s truly a set it and forget it smoker.
Look at the first post in this thread, click the link and it will take you to the new forum.

My bad about my 2 posts here . I was so overly enthusiastic about the grilling forum that I thought this was it. See you there !!

We started a forum for those of you who have been using smokers or are BBQ grill experts with the main aim being for smokers, recipes, types of smokers, etc. for any of you interested. Come show us your recipes and share your expertise on how you use any type of smoker as well as any experts on gas grills.

We would really like any of you who are interested or have knowledge to share to go over there and register. You will need a new name and password but we brought the same forum software there so you’ll be comfortable.

Here's the link.
Patriot Smoking & Grilling

I'd don't know if I will be able to contribute in this forum. I haven't smoked weed since 1993, about the time I discovered metal detecting. A couple of local IPAs after a long hunt is how I roll.

I consider myself as a grill lover, so after the grilling season I bought an electric grill for home usage and making meat, sausages(self-made) and veggies.
Anyway, recently I bought a professional meat slicer and now it's my favorite kitchen tool. Ok, it's really huge and heavy, but I like it so much. We slice everything we need, not only meat.

Bar-b-que Texas style : USE Oak , mesquite ,pecan Wood :jump:

Attachments

• texas bacon.jpg
    texas bacon.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 494
  • texas breadfast.jpg
    texas breadfast.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 465
  • texas food.jpg
    texas food.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 442
  • taco heaven.jpg
    taco heaven.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 479
  • texas steak.jpg
    texas steak.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 443
  • texas loves.jpg
    texas loves.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 508
In the summer, we often get together with our family in our backyard. Our favorite dishes are pork and beef steaks, as well as various seafood, such as seed steak or fish in foil (her recipe is relatively complex). We mainly use a large 30 ”grill and an electronic smoker that does the job well. Before starting to cook, our father prefers to take bali kratom, as he has back problems and cannot stand for long. It is kratom that allows him to cope with pain and is more on his feet. I had never met such an effective drug before, so it really surprised me very much. Kratom can also be used as a spice, but this should only be done under certain conditions and if you like its taste.

Got an Oklahoma Joe(1997) Longhorn and just learning it. You can over smoke the meat so I use my Bradley Smoker too.

You left out one thing that Texans love most...Old Pickup Trucks.

Speaking of doing your to do list while things are cooking.

Lately I’ve been hooked on Pulled Pork.
Although it’s not done on a smoker (I do the loin in a crock) it’s fantastic.
1 -Pork Loin
1 -2 Liter of Root Beer (for the citric acid) Fill up to cover Loin in crock. And no your pork has not taste of root beer btw.
1-about 4 tablespoons of Hickory or Mesquite Liquid Smoke.
Cook 6 hrs then shred and mix up your favorite BBQ sauce and walla.

I have had some in the fridge now non stop for the last few weeks. :p

One day I will break down and buy a Traeger I suppose.