Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend silver!

denny

What a weekend! Found a walking liberty half dollar 1920s. My first from the turf. Ctx working very well for me. I'm now digging those half signals.
Here the breakdown of finds.

Walking liberty half dollar-1920s

Barber dime-1897s,1892p,1900s

Mercury dime-1917s,(2)1920s,1925p, 1927s

Buffalo nickel-unreadable date

Indian head-1902p

Wheaties-13 of them. Some in the teens, a few in the twenties, a 1939s and 1957s

Horse pendant, old button, old curtain weight and a piece of 925 silver chain.

Great digs! Try using some steel wool on the Buffalo nickel. I had a few that were so bad I didn't even know what kind of nickels they were, and now I have a date off two of them!

Wow! Nice weekend!

So how are you enjoying your new toy? What have you noticed that is different from your last machine?

Congrats on the great looking coins.What did the half come in at if i may ask?Were you in combined ground coin bills s trashy park auto +3 thanks charlie

WOW, good job! Congrats on ALL of it.

greedykind said:
Congrats on the great looking coins.What did the half come in at if i may ask?Were you in combined ground coin bills s trashy park auto +3 thanks charlie

Thanks for the complement

Half came in the 12-40s if I remember correctly. Sens 22 manual, ferrous coin, 50 combined, deep, stock coin program.

GateKeeper said:
So how are you enjoying your new toy? What have you noticed that is different from your last machine?
It's great!

What I'm noticing is what has been said. Well balanced, more stable, faster processor, waterproof.
Tones are different took me a few hunts to get used to them. Haven't used the explorer since getting the ctx.

Denny, you need to give up your day job and go detecting all the time!! In fact buy several lottery tickets too! Man, that is quite a haul! Excellent!

I run in manual also, trying to get as much sensitivity as possible, even though there is a lot of nois. I seem to be able to pick stuff out a bit better. Tried the 'Auto and +' but I dont seem to have the confidence it is getting everything.

jas415 said:
Denny, you need to give up your day job and go detecting all the time!! In fact buy several lottery tickets too! Man, that is quite a haul! Excellent!

I run in manual also, trying to get as much sensitivity as possible, even though there is a lot of nois. I seem to be able to pick stuff out a bit better. Tried the 'Auto and +' but I dont seem to have the confidence it is getting everything.
hi jas415, I feel the same way. On auto it felt like I wasn't getting max depth for my area here in California. I like manual that way I know how deep I'm going. If it gets unstable I'll lower the sens a bit. Ctx users who use auto eventually make the switch to manual.