Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend UK Rally

if this really runs 3 or 4 freq's at a time might be nice salt wet beach detector, anyway time will tell as they say how the new IQ tech works and now we get feed piecemeal as per CTX release.

BP

From what I read on it, it can be run at one of several choices of frequencies or a normal multi fbs frequency so it's up to you.

Also says waterproof and looks like it shouldn't weigh too badly. So far I like what I'm seeing and reading. Like the price too.

Looks like we might have a winner. This may hurt At max sales. Think will see some used E-trac's and CTX's for sale and how will this detector effect there used prices?

Batteries built in. I do not like it

I dont mind the built in battery provided it has a good life .
As for the multi freq capability its not only going to take Garrett sales but at the prices quoted could put people off the Deus ?
It all depend if the tones are good like the ET or Terra at giving good target i.d. . The numbers are probably similar to the Terra .
Is the coil 11 inch ? looks like the Pro coil to a point .

It may be the case that Minelab has woken up but after the last abortion "Go Find" i will be requiring proof .

I'm liking it a lot. Was watching Idetect's video on You Tube and it is a very impressive machine. It has a big beautiful display that you can easily see. FBS and selectable frequencies. No need to change coils. Lightning quick processor. Most of all it is submersible and if the price point I have heard is accurate, very affordable. Looking good so far.

cz70pro said:
I'm liking it a lot. Was watching Idetect's video on You Tube and it is a very impressive machine. It has a big beautiful display that you can easily see. FBS and selectable frequencies. No need to change coils. Lightning quick processor. Most of all it is submersible and if the price point I have heard is accurate, very affordable. Looking good so far.

Its not FBS it will have 5 freqs but be multi or single freq as you like .
FBS 28 freqs is what the ET and CTX has and BBS 17 freqs is what the Sovereign or Excalibur has . But this new machine will work fine , i will buy 2 as long term replacements for my older machines .

Og how the Deus is so yesterday , Minelab is back .

Already has its own forum. WOW. Hopefully we won't have to wait 4 months to see these on the shelf like that other new detector. This definitely could kill there sales with the prices I saw on these 2 models.

Nuke em said:
cz70pro said:

FBS 28 freqs is what the ET and CTX has and BBS 17 freqs is what the Sovereign or Excalibur has . But this new machine will work fine , i will buy 2 as long term replacements for my older machines .

You're right. It has the multi-frequency setting.

cz70pro said:
Nuke em said:
cz70pro said:

I am well gagging for one now .

Nuke em said:
cz70pro said:
Nuke em said:
cz70pro said:

I am well gagging for one now .

I'm pretty stoked about this machine as well. Can't wait to see some hunts with it on You Tube.

The Equinox(especially the 800) looks like it could be a real performer. The specs are certainly there. Choice of 5 single frequencies or all at once(multi-IQ), fast recovery speed, wireless, lightweight, waterproof. I don't think there's much doubt it will eclipse the AT Pro Max and the Nokta Impact in performance. I don't think Minelab would have unvailed it with such fanfare or at all if they didn't think it would more than compete with these machines. What I'm hoping for is can it be effectively a Deus with superior Id at depth. If field testing proves this, then really, Wow! Especially at this price range.

chipper97 said:
The Equinox(especially the 800) looks like it could be a real performer. The specs are certainly there. Choice of 5 single frequencies or all at once(multi-IQ), fast recovery speed, wireless, lightweight, waterproof. I don't think there's much doubt it will eclipse the AT Pro Max and the Nokta Impact in performance. I don't think Minelab would have unvailed it with such fanfare or at all if they didn't think it would more than compete with these machines. What I'm hoping for is can it be effectively a Deus with superior Id at depth. If field testing proves this, then really, Wow! Especially at this price range.

On the video of the release i heard 1 man say its good on target i.d. all the way down its depth , air test or in ground .

A must have .

The Deus is history now , XP have seen the Tiger reawaken .

chipper97 said:
Heck yeah then, we're good to go!

With an 11 inch coil and 2 others coming it should be real good .
Not sure it will reach the max depth of the ET or CTX ? maybe ?? but i will be happy with nearly as good and at the price we cant expect everything .
I really cant wait now , 3 months to wait Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

Yeah, I'm champing at the bit too. But the wait will give some time to shake out any bugs and confirm it's capabilities. Not to mention time to gather funds!:cheers:

its fun to read everyone's thoughts..

no info yet to get me excited if they said it can tell aluminium from gold then my ears would listen up but of as this point I know it can hit a coin in the air that's it, all the rest is fluff.

BP

Blank Planet said:
its fun to read everyone's thoughts..

no info yet to get me excited if they said it can tell aluminium from gold then my ears would listen up but of as this point I know it can hit a coin in the air that's it, all the rest is fluff.

BP

That is a comment either from a newbie to the hobby or someone who is taking the Piddle :biggrin:

Aluminium "UK" is mostly a high tone on minelab's and Gold can be anywhere from very low to high tone depending on size and shape.

For £850 you wont get a machine that will say Gold or whatever else . Its all about luck and the thrill of the search .

This will be a big game changer if it has a good capability but if its great Minelab is going to shoot ahead of all competition for quite a while . Especially if this is only the beginning .

not sure that even makes sense :unsure:

gold comes in everywhere but no detector can tell you if its gold or not? so why all the excitement its just another detector it goes beep and we get down and find what it was beeping at, if you have a detector just go beepin, diggin and finding..

no magic wands out there just hard work..

Blank Planet said:
not sure that even makes sense :unsure:

gold comes in everywhere but no detector can tell you if its gold or not? so why all the excitement its just another detector it goes beep and we get down and find what it was beeping at, if you have a detector just go beepin, diggin and finding..

no magic wands out there just hard work..

That's right Blank Planet. All these different detectors have one thing in common: They put out a frequency. Some have faster response between ferrous and conductive targets, some have slightly better depth.
But in the end, the TID detectors are pretty much all the same. Some just do the job a little better than others. My old DFX can probably run circles around some of these newer detectors.

I'm waiting for a detector that 100% ignores all iron to the point where there is no falsing at all. It may need to be beyond the technology of Minelab's multi-freq. detectors. Until then, we purchasers get taken.