Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Welcome to the new Minelab CTX 3030 Detector Forum...

after doing a quick search on google

is it this GPSi..........http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=12749

or this GPSi........................http://gpsi-corp.com/ :surprised:

or neither I suppose! :lol:

I agree with you. I don't need it to find a site. If it was only there to find a site then it wouldn't make sense to put the buttons on the panel of the 3030? It has to be a feature they're sure we will use often?? I could use it in gridding off a baseball field that takes me 6 hunts to cover. I'm going to go and research these GPS's for farmers. They have to be more accurate than 10 feet.

Well I know for a fact that we have highly accurate gps for the consumer. The survey industry now uses gps and they are accurate to within inches because they use more sattelites to gather information. Your roads are paved using gps.....I've used it, and its not called millimeter gps for no reason let me tell ya!! Why do you think your ride on these new interstates are soo smooth? The technology is already there......they just came up with a way to adapt it to a detector. This will probably mean being able to plot where your finds are made and maybe so that you dont overlap so to speak an area that you have covered. This would be great for field hunters, prospectors and woods hunters. Although I dont mind overlapping, this feature may make it more efficient for some hunters. Who knows, it may do something outside the box of what I have mentioned!!

It could be that Minelab is getting into the GPS market the same as Garmin and others? It's also possible they have came up with a more accurate way of location? So FBS will be adapted to stand for Full Band Satellite? LOL - maybe????????

Thanks Randy,

You're the right man for the CTX forum, looking forward to reading and viewing all future CTX experiecences from both you and of future CTX users.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

ET Joe you are correct. Modern day GPS technology is within inchs. A GPS locator is now being sold for sportsmen mostly snow skiers when activated the searchers can even tell where the locator is located on the body so searchers will not injure the person while they are being rescued. Less than $300.00. I guess it is like everything else you get what you pay for. Finding campsites in the fall or old homesites one comes across while out hunting would be much easier to find for some I'm sure. If you got snakebit or had an accident while out hunting GPS coordinates couild make a huge difference in getting help. If GPS was optional I would not get it but it will not make any difference in my decision to purchase. It may be good enough to keep from losing targets in the surf. Now that would be nice. HH :minelab:

Yes I will. But I can't do it yet. HH Randy

I will. Just can't do it yet. Thanks for understanding.

Jason are you talking to me? Most companies test equipment to 3 times it's advertised ratings. I'm sure ML having experience in water machines knows every variable a 10 ft rated machine will be subject to. I also want to see how much it weighs direct from ML. All I was really hoping for was a 3 pound etrac. I have plans on making mine lighter without voiding the warranty. But I'll wait to see if I'm getting a 3030 or not. I would have to see a lot of reviews. I really don't know if I would pay 2500 or more for it. - YET>>>>>>

OK, let's assume that the machine does somehow (as far as I've read consumer electronics can't have GPS resolution that will be any more accurate than about 10 to 50 feet from a spot) have very accurate resolution down to inches. How exactly are you going to use that on a screen to guide you while gridding without missing spots while still being able to see VDI information on targets on the screen? I just don't see that happening myself but maybe I'm wrong?

I guess it could be semi transparent where you could see the graph? Then when you got a signal it would go away? Or it's fully visible on the screen until you get a target then it would switch to the smart screen? Heck, I'm just guessing....

so we can continue the discussion on the main page. Feel free to start a new topic or contribute to an existing one. Thanks. HH Randy