Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your favorite "NON" waterproof headphones for the CTX

rickinsdakota

I would like to replace the original headphones that came with the CTX. I would like a pair that fit snug and aren't to hot in the heat of the summer. I also want them to be able to pick up weak signals.

I absolutely love the SunRay ProGolds. You won't believe how clear they are after using the Koss. They fit snuggly, my ear don't sweat under them and I have been wearing them in 90+ degree heat we've been having. The earmuffs have individual volume controls on them. Plus, you can flip a switch and cut the sound when using your pinpointer if you want to. I owned a pair for my E-trac and immediately picked up the CTX phones when I got this machine.

SunRay is all that I have used for the past 14 years........:thumbup: I still have the originals as a backup pair but the gold's are my favorites.

Gray Ghost NDTs as a backup to my custom Liberty headphones.
Can't go wrong with either.

SunRay ProGolds. I have used them for 8 years or so, on my old XS then the Etrac now the CTX. Excellent sounding phones.

rickinsdakota said:
I also want them to be able to pick up weak signals.

Concerning the audio......
In my research to built the Very best set of WATER PROOF head phones (Skullies) I wanted to know what the Best performing LAND headphones were and the favored so they could be used in the water. So I asked the same question over on the Sovereign Forum several months ago. The results from many of the forum members..........were SunRay Pro Golds (First) then, Black Widows, Rat Phones, then the rest of the best...Gray Ghost Jolly Rogers, Killer Bees...and so on...
I found out
SunRays Pro Golds, Black Widows, Gray Ghost, Jolly Rogers, Killer Bees, and a few others use the same ear phone (Speaker), The Audiosears 2463's, So the only difference from one headset to the next was wiring in series or parallel, this will change the Impedance, affecting the volume not the tones. The Rat Phones use the Kobitone 25CE500 which is better for tones with there wider frequency range.. The Audiosears 2463's were best for the Faints with the higher end frequencies.............

SUNRAY GOLD. :thumbup:

Killer Bee Wasp with back up Grey Ghost

Can't speak on the SunRay Gold's as I have never used them but I have tried all the others trying to find something that would equal the Rat's. I have not found any that I like as well as the Rat's. Have used them on Etrac and CTX.

Larry--NWI Detectors said:
Killer B Wasp

Larry, Do the Wasps turn off the speaker on the CTX when plugged directly into the CTX or would the ST model be needed to do that? wildherre