Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you carry your E-Trac and "stuff" in?

moseng

Been looking online for a bag I can use to carry this MD stuff to and from my car. There's alot of choices but not sure if any of them are big enough? I thought maybe some of you might have a similar setup and a bag to carry it in? :biggrin:

I would like to carry...

Etrac with stock coil and SunRay Probe
8x6 SEF coil
15X12 SEF coil
2 Sets of headphones (Grey Ghosts, RATphones)
Belt with trash pouch, Lesche, and zippered pouch (holds loop, baggies, camera, etc)
Lesche shovel (32" long I think)
Kneepads
Battery pack

Would like a bag to hold this stuff, with an emphasis on keeping the coil of my choice on the E-trac. Thanks!

I have a regular old detector bag for the detector and attached sunray probe. Sometimes I leave my headphones plugged into the detector and they ride with the detector. I don't put anything else in the bag that can jump around and scratch, deface, or damage the detector.

The rest of my stuff is comprised of a lesche digger, coinpopper, hole hog, bandana for dirt, knee pad, spare batteries, zip ties, electricians tape and 'finds' bag. All of these ride in a Heavy Duty day pack. My spare headphones and coil ride in the back solo where they can't get beat up by my recovery equipment. If somebody else is driving, I put my coil and headphone in a gym bag.

If I am going on an excursion, road trip, or whatever else you want to call it, I take along a spare digger, extra extra batteries and a back up detector in its' own detector bag along with extra batteries for it.

At various points over the years, I've had some hip-mounted detectors. If the detector didn't come with a special carry case, I've put the housing in an extra gym bag along with the headphones.

I've used this system for years and years. Works good for me and keeps the detector from getting bashed up.

Good luck finding something that works for you. I'm sure there are some good ideas out there from others.

Rich (Utah)

I purchased a Minelab bag and use it to carry my E-Trac & spare coils/rods. I have a back pack that holds my headphones, Knee pads, Lesche, belt extra. Here's a good tip - buy yourself a couple used tennis racket covers on E-Bay to store your addtl. coils and rods. The head of the racket cover (with coil/rod inside) is placed on each each side of the E-Trac control box and provides a a cushion and proper balance to help keep the Minelab bag level when you're carrying it.

-Alex

Got a 5 gal. bucket that holds 3 coils, my pouch/ belt, tools, kneepads, gloves and whatever else I decide to toss in there....The stuff ain't a computer motherboard..... Be reasonable about heavy things falling on your detector, but There is no need to be crazy about it either....

I use a padded, double shotgun soft case for my carry bag. I found it on Ebay once, but I haven't seen them since. It's really nice. The section that holds the detector is nicely padded, and the other compartment has lots of compartments for phones, diggers, batts, coils, etc.

Thanks for all the ideas! I currently use something called a "RockBag" made for musical instruments which does hold everything except the shovel but since it is only for musical instruments it ripped and the zipper is broken. I decided to try the "Big Brute" bag from K....co! Will let you know how it works out.

I use the factory Minelab bag for the E-Trac .
A medium sized backpack for the - Shovel - Machete - Hand Saw - Headphones - Spare Batteries - Flashlights - Compass - Plastic Bags - Insect Spray - etc.
And the factory Minelab pouch with a webbed belt from Lowe's ( cost $5.00 ) to carry my - Digger - Garrett Pro Pointer - ( 3 ) Tent Stakes ( for marking targets ) and a Hand Rag.

I got a pack of ( 6 ) of the yellow plastic Tent Stakes I use at Walmart for $3.00 .
I use them every time I hunt ! - they are a big help !
I put a stake in the ground after I get done pinpointing with the ET so I know the exact location of the target.
You can also push the stake in the ground a few inches - wiggle it around - find a shallow target with your hand pin pointer - and recover the target with out ever digging a hole !

HH - Mark

I was lucky and found a large/older video camera (Lowen-Pro) bag at a Goodwill. It holds all my smaller coils, diggers, poppers,headphones, battery packs and batteries, knee pads etc...in there own padded compartments (with rods strapped on externally). My actual "box" and large coils are kept in a small, foam lined, hard case (that used to be for some diagnostic equipment?). Again...Goodwill.

It is "two" small things to haul but it's all tight and organized with nothing banging around. (Priced out these same kinds of "grips" and they are super spendy... and not as nice as the GW finds.)

One ML bag for the hand held/display and the other stuff. Actually I use a T2 bag, it has a divider down the middle and both the unit and the coil and extra stuff will fit in it but I also saw a good solution for the 11" DD and that was a cover for a tennis racket. Someone maybe posted that already, I didn't read all the responses.

I use a sort of small bag like a gym bag for other stuff. I got some from the local bank a few years ago. I drive an extended cab F-150 and usually keep a couple of detectors assembled in the back with my pinpointer and hand diggers up where the seat folds up, they slide right in between the folded up seat and the back, the ground shark on the floor behind the front seats. I put a long rubbermaid container, about 5x2 feet in the space left when I fold up the seats and my bags and other stuff go in it.

I like to grab and go. The E-TRAC is so easy to assemble that it is the one I keep bagged. Presently I am carrying it, a V3, and F75 behind the seat and a Tejon in the tool box... because you never know what machine might work best and I never know where I might be... and I am not driving 45 minutes home to get my stuff and then back out, especially when sundown comes at 5:30

Good luck but just get something and go...

J

jbow, If you drove a convertible you'd look like a porcupine! Must be nice to run with ALL the good equipment!!