Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What improvements????

I would like to have my V3i upgraded instead of buying a whole new machine. I think having a machine that can always be upgraded is a big selling point. Do you think White's can upgrade the V3i with the features everybody has listed or is a whole new machine in order ?

:rofl: Just because we listed what we want is no indication that we will get any of it. I wouldn't lose too much sleep about an upgrade Bryan.

It could be both, with some upgrades on the V3i and a new machine with improvements the V3i can't handle. After the last time I think there will be fewer information leaks if any. Again as I stated in the original post [size=large]if it doesn't improve performance, I don't need it.[/size][attachment 225136 ani_einstein.gif]

Didn't read everything above, but in case it hasn't already been mentioned, how about being able to select TWO of the three frequencies instead of only one or all three? As I'm sure has been mentioned numerous times, make the entire machine waterproof - including saltwater proof. Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that pulse induction has a depth advantage over VLF detectors.....Could it be possible to utilize both transmit and receive coils TOGETHER as one large coil in a pulsed induction mode - just to help pick up deep targets - especially in wet salt sand - then switch over to to the standard VLF mode once a target has been indicated for identification? I know it wouldn't be an easy engineering task because switching of the coil leads as well as two entirely separate systems of detection are involved requiring double the circuitry....but it certainly would be a "king of the hill" for the salt beaches.

BHID....would be nice to hunt freshwater without salt subtraction....and.....be able to switch over to salt subtraction to hunt saltwater....and a clip for hipmounting.

Oh, I have one other..... I know this isn't going to happen, but I'd bet the farm that if it did, Whites would need to add another shift to keep up with demand.....

Buy the patent rights from whoever owns 'em, and build a new coil for the V3i that functions like the old Bigfoot Coils for the XLT and gives the correct readings on all three frequencies....

Reduce the weight,and the control box size.And while we are at it ,a sef type coil most detector makers are going light, this could be done with the v3I

An Auto Mode that would automatically set your machine to peak performance just by holding your coil 1' off the ground in a clean spot and make all necessary adjustments for peak performance while your hunting, along with a Manual Mode for the do it yourselfers !!

First and foremost I love the detector NOW! But it can evolve into an even better unit.

OK I'm a tech nerd and have been professionally for more than 30 years so I have an excuse.....
1. Time to take advantage of touchscreen technology and ditch the buttons. It would allow the pod to shrink and/or change locations, and the screen could also grow with the replacement of the buttons.
2. Bump up the processor to a more modern dual or quad core to speed up processes and save battery power. Things have changed considerably since this unit was designed and built.
3. Time to waterproof the unit to open up other frontiers to this fine detector.
4. A wireless auto mode switching in-line probe would be nice, but my DX-1 is still getting the job done.
5. A faster connector may slow down the cordless coil chatter. For example a half turn connector instead of the current threaded ring connector. I shutter to think of the performance losses and weight added to get to a cordless coil - no thank you.
6. I almost went with a detector from "down under" because of the USB interface. Whites needs to rethink this strategy NOW! A device as complicated as this detector deserves a USB interface and programming software for at least the PC. (the largest computer market) The buzz created by program sharing and swapping between users will help to promote future detector sales.
7. The headphones are awesome, but I would like a lighter summer choice as well. I sweat far to much in the summer to do the current phones any good.
8. This one will be hard to believe but I am deadly serious - bluetooth audible call notification and caller ID for my phone. Stop laughing and listen folks. I personally wear a fishing vest while detecting and my phone rides in a zipper pocket. With the wireless V3i phones on I am in another world and miss ALL CALLS on ring or vibrate. Bluetooth tech is a slam dunk to add to anything these days and the V3i is 90% there already with the current screen and headphones. I'm not talking about adding a microphone, or the means to answer the call, just let me know it is coming in and who it is. That is easily done by bluetooth, it can be done now, and cheap!

My 2 cents....