Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is a good video camera for metal detecting?

ZOFCHAK

Next year I plan on taking some videos of my hunts and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of what camera might work well for this? :confused:

I do hunt dry land, but most of my detecting is in the water (Both wading and diving(Under 30ft)) so the camera definitely needs to be waterproof. Cost is a factor, but I would feel alright about spending $300 or so as long as it's something that will last a while.

Check out Digginrings channel on the Utube. I believe he uses a GoPro mounted to his Excal with an Eyeof Mine waterproof case. He has lots of great underwater hunts.

I bought a Contour GPS model Also has Voiceplus Video.. I've only used it a few times. I also bought the Waterproof Housing-The Cigarette Adapter Charger and an assorment of Disc and an extra re-chargable Battery. I've only made a few Video's for my Personnel use, but waiting on an NorthEastern Storm or another N.Carolina OuterBanks Storm.Not much is happening around Myrtle Beach,South Carolina-goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

go pro has a new model out so last years model is only 199.00 it is great. Get the outdoor edition and by clamps on a need to have basis

I like the quality of Diggingrings video...and I like the remote that surfdigger uses on his video cam...right on his wrist.........his is the gopro aussie version..I think..

I've been using the Tachyon for many years, but the video quality is out of date by todays standards..the only advantage mine has is battery life.... my one gets like 10 hours straight non stop on 2 doulble AA batteries.It is the Tachyon XC, just set it and forget it...

GoPro all the way. Good below and above. Plenty of mounting options. Bullet proof. Quality of video is excellent. Lots of hero2 on the market as H3 addition is now out there.

I just bought the a new Emerson Action Cam which is the same as the GoPro but cheaper... I say that it is the same but it isnt but it is close enough.. Anyhow it is 40 bucks at Biglots on Sale right now... It is 720p HD with my 4gig sd card I get 30 minutes of recording it holds up to a 32 gig... but it has to be 4lvl 4 or 5 card nothing more nothing less or it messes everything up...Still not a bad action cam for 40 bucks and 1 last thing it comes with helmet strap, bike strap, and water proof case

Thanks for the suggestions!. Looks like the Go Pro might be the way to go.

First I'm going to check out that Emerson at my local Biglots (It's not available on their website). It seems to get decent reviews on Amazon and for only $40 even if if it's a flop I won't be out that much .

NP I have put it to use all ready in the couple of days I have had it it is really nice quality only thin I dont care too much about it the sound quality with the waterproof box on... But all you have to do is use a program to up the volume before posting vids... No biggy. Also it is zoomed in a little bit too much even when fully zoomed out it is great for med to long distance shooting... Not trying to steal thread sry

They are sold out everywhere, word must have gotten out. From the reviews I've been reading they are very good, I'll try fleabay and hopefully get lucky.

go pro :detecting:

Kodak ZX5 here also, but doesn't like to get wet.....nge