Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats the best detector you ever had

Well, I have say there were many. The first real detector for me has to be the old blue box 5000-D. With a low oper. freq. and on a good day it could sniff out the silver, Indian heads and wheats! Later on, I truly enjoyed the Garrett's line of detectors, specially MH 7X and 10X. Also liked the GMH with analog and digital readout screens. Then later I owned a GTI 2500. The last ones I presently own are White's XL Pro and Spectra V3i which are the best detectors (IMO) ever made before they closed the door for good.

TC-NM

The Minelab Explorer XS. It is ,hands down, the best silver sniffer and most accurate metal detector that I've owned. It had great depth especially with the factory coil. Sure it was a low and slow metal detector, but by doing so you never missed out on the good stuff!

I've posted about my White's 6000 Di/Pro SL in the past... It's My Best Machine because It's the one That I struggled with the most... It had a bum coil when I got it... Monte Helped me sort that out... Then Came the hard part... Everything I thought I knew about it was no good because I had started out with that bum coil....Pinpointing on that beast was the toughest thing to learn... I'd find a target... Then get My Vaquero to verify and pinpoint.... Finally The president of my metal detector club.... Showed me how "The Cone" actually works... I can to this day.... put a dime in the dead center of 950 donutt every time... I have tried Other coils over the years... The 950 Is the perfect coil for that unit as far as I'm concerned.... Everything I learned on that 6000 has gone with me to the next detector... It's still my Baby Doll...
6dip2.jpg

6dip1.jpg

The Xp D2 Ws6 master has taken that position since i have been learning it !!! It unmasks like no other!!!! I can use it ALL day with no fatigue. excellent depth, ID is extremely accurate. Before that I had 28 years with the Fisher CZ5 and later added a CZ70 pro. (just too heavy) …… no more czs . 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

In your hunting adventures what has been the best detector you ever had:):)
For modern items, my hands-down favorite is the Whites M6. I have found so many firsts with it - 1st trade token, 1st standing liberty, 1st gold ring (turned out it belonged to my cousin who had lost it 8 years earlier), 1st gold nugget, 1st buffalo, shield and V nickel, 1st barber dime, 1st seated liberty dime..... The list goes on and on. Thing is crazy for gold. I found 18 gold items with it in the first year.

For ghost towns, the equinox 800. It is absolutely amazing with the small coil in the heavy trash.

What a great hobby we have!!!