Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats the best detector you ever had

In your hunting adventures what has been the best detector you ever had:):)
I have to say that all but my first detector was my favorite at some point. My first was a Predator III from KellyCo (a rebadged Garrett Treasure Ace 300) and all I can say is that it was a miserable machine to use. My next machine was the first run White's MXT followed by a Tesoro Compadre and then a White's Prizm 6T.

I’ve had a lot of good machines, so it’s hard to say. However, the most fun to use and least painful after hours on end, packed in a tiny backpack, was like having several machines wrapped into one…. XP Deus.

At the end of the day the i's have it! lol That's right! The V3i!
I love to learn,
and the White's Spectra V3i has an unspoken title: Instructor!
To my knowledge opposed to popular opinion it is the 'only' multi-freq., 'simultaneous' metal detector that reflects on the screen the 'simultaneous' freq? ? ?
My V3i has taught me a lot! The dominate freq. in scan. Likewise, in pinpoint the dominate freq. And in performing an (EMI) electromagnetic interference
indicates the dominate freq.
allowing me to change to another freq. circumventing the unpleasant noise, and shows the filters that can alter the EMI premised on the mineralization
in the ground. It has normalized some of the VDI. C/P from the manual. White’s has chosen to normalize them all to a standard VDI scale. Therefore, a US nickel detected with a 6kHz detector will have the same VDI as with a 15kHz detector. For historical reasons, the standard VDI scale is based on a 6.592kHz detector. Ante. I will never sell my V3i! It is a collectable! It is worth as much as it originally cost! If it is not worth as much today 'go buy one'! lol R O F L I have only known a handful that practiced patience and learned from the V3i and it has taught them quite well.

Leatherneck

I love to learn,
To my knowledge opposed to popular opinion it is the 'only' multi-freq., 'simultaneous' metal detector that reflects on the screen the 'simultaneous' freq? ? ?
My V3i has taught me a lot! The dominate freq. in scan. Likewise, in pinpoint the dominate freq. And in performing an (EMI) electromagnetic interference
allowing me to change to another freq. circumventing the unpleasant noise, and shows the filters that can alter the EMI premised on the mineralization
in the ground. It has normalized some of the VDI. C/P from the manual. White’s has chosen to normalize them all to a standard VDI scale. Therefore, a US nickel detected with a 6kHz detector will have the same VDI as with a 15kHz detector. For historical reasons, the standard VDI scale is based on a 6.592kHz detector. Ante. I will never sell my V3i! It is a collectable! It is worth as much as it originally cost! If it is not worth as much today 'go buy one'! lol R O F L I have only known a handful that practiced patience and learned from the V3i and it has taught them quite well.

Leatherneck
I know a guy who has a like new one barely used!
Mark

I love to learn,

Leatherneck
Garrett needs to update the V3I, make it light weight, water proof, & a easier to use interface, for the massas & re release it, as the Spectra v3i + or something similar.

Explorer XS and Sovereign GT.
Still own em. Still run em occasionally.
Getting heavy after recovering from both shoulders ripped up. Simplex becoming a more used detector because of injuries. Anxiously awaiting a Manticore.
For fun I still love my oll Garrett Master Hunter CX3 Power. Still finds good stuff. Hearing that voice is just Fun. Especially around kids on the beach.

My favorite today may not be my favorite tomorrow, but the day after it may be again. It looks like there are more different favorites than there are people who answered this post.
I have a dozen or so now.
Love everyone of em . Just some are gettin a little heavy. Just depends where I'm going and what I'm looking for which I'll grabe.
Seems each is better at something.
Hopefully the Manticore will cut down on my usual 3-5 machines on First day at a new site. Trying to decide which will work best. I always bring the Mojave though. It's just special in the nails.
Wish I had a spare. Always worried I'll break it.

;)
The ONE MXT.jpg

I have had many, but look at the wall in that room and there are some of them are still here. The xp deus is my go to machine, but in the summer I still take out the Minelab Excalibur 800. I bought it so long ago I can not even find a coil for it ( oriiginal ).
I always thought that even thou they come out with newer advanced machines, someone that knows a older machine can do just as good with something they know.