Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where Are The New Fisher Models ?

Well then Russ or some other spokesmen needs to step up and inform the long time users of Fisher products where First Texas stands about any new detectors??

Makes me want to get the latest F75. Just in case mine goes south. Doubt there will be any warranty on these new ones much longer?? I'm thinking they first came out in 07. I bought mine when the camo edition first hit the rack. A little paranoid thinking how long the old girl will last. hhrickinmi

I suspect any/most Fisher and Tek. detectors now getting sold are from First Texas web site. I know their main business for a long time has been making night vision goggles for the Military. Not sure about anything else along those lines. I still have a small numbers device that I purchased some three or more decades ago with made by First Texas Ind. on it and it is still going strong. The T 2, F 75 platform is still a great platform, but with the next generation of detectors now going strong and being bought by the next generation of detectorists, probably not as viable as they once were. At this point in my life, I'll never have another detector that I found as much silver and jewelry with as I did with a F 75. I was really in hopes that they would come up with something new and great. HH Jim Tn

Even the Bounty Hunter brand is down to only 3 models on the Kellyco site.

Looks to me like First Texas has halted production. Seems strange. I thought the company was doing well.

Seems Russ only promotes the Bounty Hunter brands on his Youtube channel. Would not surprise me if they move everything to that one brand.

I have a F5 that I love. Great user interface and was my first real detector. I don't think David Johnson is still at First Texas. I heard he retired and has health issues. Carl Moreland from Whites I think was hired a few years back but he recently posted he works on the industrial side of the house and not allowed to work the metal detecting side of the house. He seemed disappointed as he said he had some new ideas.
Not holding out hope for anything new from First Texas.

I have a F5 that I love. Great user interface and was my first real detector. I don't think David Johnson is still at First Texas. I heard he retired and has health issues. Carl Moreland from Whites I think was hired a few years back but he recently posted he works on the industrial side of the house and not allowed to work the metal detecting side of the house. He seemed disappointed as he said he had some new ideas.
Not holding out hope for anything new from First Texas.
I would like just to hear that they are still working on new tech , and will release something in the near future….. anything……. Nokta Detectors and Minelab detectors have spoiled me with how they keep a personal presence with their customers ( end users ) !! Us !! Come on First Texas ! Anything, anything???

I would like just to hear that they are still working on new tech , and will release something in the near future….. anything……. Nokta Detectors and Minelab detectors have spoiled me with how they keep a personal presence with their customers ( end users ) !! Us !! Come on First Texas ! Anything, anything???
Crickets just crickets!

Are those crickets singing the Jeopardy theme song?

Everything changes but that is the way it is. Some of the nicest audio for response their was now we have flutey tones or ones that are too digitized. It is what it is

I asked a sales rep at KellyCo if Fisher was still making detectors and he said yes -- they were just low on stock. He said in most cases he could order models for buyers direct from Fisher.

If they are still making detectors, that means they are still in the game. On the other hand if they were to redesign and produce a new type of detector such as multi frequency, it would be a big undertaking. I am still hopeful.

Fisher , should come forward with any information, on the forums, print media , whatever to let us know if they are still going to produce any high end / new technology metal detectors!!

Does anyone know if Mike Scott is still with Fisher/ First Texas ?? He was one of their Reps several years ago. He would post on occasion on various forums. Would be nice to get some straight forward info from FT on their future in metal detectors if any??
I heard he's gone.

Patent for a multi-frequency detector invented by Carl Moreland and assigned to First Texas:

Looks like the patent was granted in 2021 if I am reading the page correctly.

If they plan to manufacture it then it would take a while for R&D, tooling, testing, etc

Last edited:
Russ was on a live chat last year and mentioned they were working on 2 machines. A waterproof 14khz machine and a Multi one. He also said he had using the prototype 14khz.

Cactus Jeff, that does surprise me about Mike Scott. Also, it bothers me to think about USA supremacy in detectors is now gone. Maybe one day...........!