Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Spectra V3i cherry picking gold rings.

I was a huge V3i user, fan and field tester for Whites but the best gold ring detector I am aware of is the MXT. The analog audio is exceptional with gold. My wife has called a gold ring in the ground many times when we were hunting together. She was the MXT moderator on here and she knows the MXT well and will never change. As good as the V3i is, it is down the list for gold rings IMHO. I had better luck with the DFX for gold than the V series.

Nancy uses Relic mode for everything and the audio is pretty simple. If you pass a bunch of targets over the coil, you will soon learn that good targets will give you a good clean sound and bad targets most likely are trashy sounding. There are exceptions to everything of course but knowing the sound of a good target will greatly cut back on digging a lot of bad targets. Analog audio is hard to beat IMHO. Some MXT users on here can come up with more specifics, I'm sure.

I was a huge V3i user, fan and field tester for Whites but the best gold ring detector I am aware of is the MXT. The analog audio is exceptional with gold. My wife has called a gold ring in the ground many times when we were hunting together. She was the MXT moderator on here and she knows the MXT well and will never change. As good as the V3i is, it is down the list for gold rings IMHO. I had better luck with the DFX for gold than the V series.
Last year I bought a couple mxt units, the mxt pro was my least favorite. I like the old original mxt units myself. I’m not sure people realize just how powerful these units are, or accurate. I know it’s been said , been over this area a thousand time and here’s what all my other machines missed, etc….
but in this case it really is true, I’ve been hunting my local park for 15 years and never found any gold..Large cents, mercs, etc, dug hundreds of pulltabs and junk and never anything gold.. Until November I took the mxt down and pulled a nice old gold ring at easily 7 inches and solid nickel sound.. now, I’ve been over that area for 15 years, with every High and low end machine made, or close to it .. im a believer in the mxt and gold rings..

Attachments

• IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Last year I bought a couple mxt units, the mxt pro was my least favorite. I like the old original mxt units myself. I’m not sure people realize just how powerful these units are, or accurate. I know it’s been said , been over this area a thousand time and here’s what all my other machines missed, etc….
but in this case it really is true, I’ve been hunting my local park for 15 years and never found any gold..Large cents, mercs, etc, dug hundreds of pulltabs and junk and never anything gold.. Until November I took the mxt down and pulled a nice old gold ring at easily 7 inches and solid nickel sound.. now, I’ve been over that area for 15 years, with every High and low end machine made, or close to it .. im a believer in the mxt and gold rings..
Still Loving my oll MXT !!

I've dug hundreds of gold rings (Not in the dirt or with a Whites machine) and got to say you can cherry pick but there is always that chance one is going to come in totally different (And Off) as far as target ID, and that based on many things, design, size, shape, gold purity, if its broken, how it is setting in the dirt/beach, the make up of the ground, how deep it is. At one time all I did was cherry pick, but I have learned best to dig anything that gives a signal in discriminate, and those deep gold and silver targets will come in as iron.. Just my opinion as a beach hunter.

That's some old gold, just a guess the late 1800's to 1920s.

That's some old gold, just a guess the late 1800's to 1920s.
The park is very old, easily from the late 1800s. Found quite a few large cents, old 1800s barbers , etc.. From what I understand before it was a park it was a meeting place for the schools, churches and stuff like small fairs way back in those days. After all those years of finding no gold that ring gave me hope..Ring is actually heavy and is about 3.5 grams

I've dug hundreds of gold rings (Not in the dirt or with a Whites machine) and got to say you can cherry pick but there is always that chance one is going to come in totally different (And Off) as far as target ID, and that based on many things, design, size, shape, gold purity, if its broken, how it is setting in the dirt/beach, the make up of the ground, how deep it is. At one time all I did was cherry pick, but I have learned best to dig anything that gives a signal in discriminate, and those deep gold and silver targets will come in as iron.. Just my opinion as a beach hunter.
I totally agree with your findings on deep targets. Anything over 7 inches, for me anyway, the numbers mean very little to me. If the target is deep and sounds good and repeatable in all directions, I dig. You never know what is down there. Not always valuable, but often interesting.

Attachments

• thumbs up.jpg
    thumbs up.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 18
Has anyone used the White's Spectra V3i for cherry picking gold rings? Are there any programs for 'cherry picking' gold rings?
What would be the best coil for 'cherry picking' gold rings?
Would the polar plot feature be an advantage for the sizing of gold rings?
Thanks

Leatherneck
Hello Leatherneck.
While searching the web for a special problem I came across this video.
Hope this helps a little... All the Best & Good Luck 🤞🍀😎😊

Hello Leatherneck.
While searching the web for a special problem I came across this video.
Hope this helps a little... All the Best & Good Luck 🤞🍀😎😊

Vito,
I recently put this gold ring program on my V3i and found thousands of dollars' worth of gold, and diamonds I had misplaced.
It took me hours to put that program in the V3i. The educational value of the installation was worth a lot.
I found a bag full of diamonds and gold I had misplaced within less than a half of an hour with that program.

Thanks

White's Spectra V3i is truly a work of art. This is self-explanatory. It shows how wrap around and falsifying are quite similar.
c/p White's Spectra V3i manual. "[C]orrelate – Compare all three frequencies and look for predictable differences, disregard- ing or rejecting targets without reasonable similarities expected of good quality metals. Span Limit - 0 – Off – Select how different in VDI numbers a target can be among the three frequencies and still be considered a good or valued metal. Wrap Limit - Off - <-90> - In bad ground good targets sometimes exceed the + VDI scale reappearing in the <-> 90 VDI range at one or more frequencies. Wrap Limit allows selection of how far beyond +95 a frequency can indicate and still be considered a reasonably good correlation / accepted target." Ante.
From days gone by other forums, and perhaps here too this is mentioned as being similar. It has never been anything that arrived in the metal detecting world as a 'brand new' concept. It has always been here. My observation is that those operators that had the patience to 'study' the V3i went on to learn metal detecting quite well. I find that the more I use the V3i the more I learn metal detecting. The most inexpensive instructor I could imagine. The 3 P’s: Patience, Practice and Perseverance
per·se·ver·ance
[ˌpərsəˈvirəns]

NOUN

1. persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success:

Has anyone used the White's Spectra V3i for cherry picking gold rings? Are there any programs for 'cherry picking' gold rings?
What would be the best coil for 'cherry picking' gold rings?
Would the polar plot feature be an advantage for the sizing of gold rings?
Thanks

Leatherneck
Howdy Leatherneck--
In my normal hunting I accept negative 10 to positive 93 and have dug a few gold rings and chains. I don't specifically search for gold rings - I want it ALL hahaha. Now, if I'm on a "mission" to find a lost gold ring for someone, first I ask the person to describe the ring, how long ago it was lost. I have passed several gold rings over the coil and have a good idea where the VDI of my quest will fall. After a few swings of the coil, I'll have a good idea of the ground conditions - trash etc. A case in point the man had an ardent love of Bud Light and it was evident by the abundance of pull tabs, cans and other metal trash in his overgrown yard. Plus he had 2 large dogs that he did not clean up after. Well after a night on the town indulging in his favorite beverage, on his arrival home he noticed a board in his driveway. Of course he got out of his pick up and flung the offending board into his back yard - along with his 18Kt gold signet ring. As you can imagine it was a challenge to my tenacity (stuberness) in the 110 degrees West Texas heat. I spent 7 hours removing trash until I passed the coil over dried pile of dog turd I stuck my screw driver in that bleached turd, flipped it over and there was the ring! Oh by the way because of the amount of trash and overgrowth I used the 4X6 coil and dug it all. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel