Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who can actually detect right now?

I have a bunch of snowballs lined up with you Southerners names on them...j/k.

I look forward to seeing and hearing about your finds and observations with the Equinox.
HH

Gotta get out into the woods where the leaves and pine needles have insulated the ground from freezing. I did last weekend found some bullets and a musket ball. Was kinda scouting it out with my brother, got a couple of new spots. Lots of woods, stone walls and cornfields. In western, MA. Cornfields had 2 inches of muck and 8 in of frost. Looking for a few cellar holes in the same area.

Scuba Diving - :thumbup: Did my open-water certification Spring 1979. Highly recommended.

Rich -

GKMan said:
Oh wow, can't wait to hear how it stacks up.. I am currently getting certified to Scuba dive. I won't be official until June when I can do our open water dives at Dutch Springs in PA. Anyhow I look forward to trying out the Equinox underwater a lot this year. At less than ten feet of course...

sgoss66 said:
Man, Ronald! Though I don't envy your weather, I'm definitely envious of the old stuff you guys have to enjoy up there in New England!

HH!

Steve
Winter does stink in N.H. but the summer makes up for it. Nothin like that first 70 degree in March.........
Old stuff & colonial home sites are great too BUT you really got to work them. Right now its only the beach & the only
colder place is Mt. Washington https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/current-summit-conditions.aspx

HH Tom
LFOD !

Tom,

I know all about the beautiful summers making up for the tough winters; being from Pennsylvania, that's what I loved the most. After a cold winter, you knew you had an absolutely GORGEOUS summer to look forward to! Here in Oklahoma, it's not that way. Winters are not very cold, BUT -- summers can be BRUTALLY hot!

Anyway, I also know what you are saying about Mt. Washington. UGH! I'm in the weather business, so I'm very familiar with that spot. You want to talk about BRUTAL! Current conditions? 75 MPH winds gusting to 85, and 8 degrees? NO thanks! ;)

Someday, I really hope to do some hunting in New England. Western PA (when I'm back home visiting) is as close as I've been; I have relatives in Connecticut -- maybe I need to pay them a visit! ;)

Take care!

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Tom,

I know all about the beautiful summers making up for the tough winters; being from Pennsylvania, that's what I loved the most. After a cold winter, you knew you had an absolutely GORGEOUS summer to look forward to! Here in Oklahoma, it's not that way. Winters are not very cold, BUT -- summers can be BRUTALLY hot!

Anyway, I also know what you are saying about Mt. Washington. UGH! I'm in the weather business, so I'm very familiar with that spot. You want to talk about BRUTAL! Current conditions? 75 MPH winds gusting to 85, and 8 degrees? NO thanks! ;)

Someday, I really hope to do some hunting in New England. Western PA (when I'm back home visiting) is as close as I've been; I have relatives in Connecticut -- maybe I need to pay them a visit! ;)

Take care!

Steve
Steve
If you get to NE contact the Stealth Diggers from Utube. They take out a lot of non locals & are experts at cellar holes & fields.
Always get some great finds.
My oldest is a met & applied for a obs job at Mt. Wash. I thought he was nuts ! One screw up deicing the amemometer & you can
get a fatal dose of death ! He ended up getting a job with a division of IBM & does aeronautical WX. Much safer behind a desk !

C U later
Tom
LFOD !

Thanks for the tip on "Stealth Diggers!" I'll keep them in mind, for sure, if I ever get up there!

I do recall, now that you say it, that you mentioned before that your son is also a Met. Very cool!

Yes, safer behind a desk than taking obs at Mt. Washington!!

Take care,

Steve

Cold today in Houston, mid 40's. Was around 70 degrees Sunday AM and hit one demo and after 2 hours had 4 mercs, about 30 wheats, a sterling Union Pacific Conductor pin, and weirdest of all my hunting buddy got a '13 Marz 1938', German Medal commemorating Hitler's annexation of Austria! Looked like it and a lawnmower had tangled.

Just kinda rubbing it in a bit with the weather, but I suppose none of you had a Harvey style flood, or 96 degrees and 100% humidity on 'normal' summer days with zillions of damned mosquitoes.