Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who can actually detect right now?

jas415 said:
With some parts of Houston being demoed right now as a result of Harvey, there are hundreds of places to hunt, but not a great prospect of digging an old English penny. Maybe some older Spanish reales, 1700's, but I have only seen one 'large cent' dug here. A few 3 cent coins, mid 1800's coins, and I got a 1799 1/2 reale a few years ago. But, the weather is great at the moment. Mid 60's to mid 70's in the day.

Super old coins and relics are not the norm here. But, just the fact we can get out and hunt is awesome. Are you going to the Galveston Tamdc hunt ?

I dont care if there is a sheet of steel laying on the ground. Im going out! :spin:

I am in Texas. It was 75 degrees and sunny yesterday. Just give me my Nox!

Beyonder said:
I dont care if there is a sheet of steel laying on the ground. Im going out! :spin:

If you set it up just right you'll detect right through it. Haha

That's it I'm moving south

Ground is frozen here in Ct but I live next to the beaches so I can go pick coins up off the beach after every storm.

On my way out now to hunt a permission. :thumbup:

Cool, but perfect ground conditions.

Sorry You’re froze in Gary.

Rich

I just got done hunting to my neck in the Gulf...... SUNNY and smooth water. I unzipped my suit a couple of times because i got pretty warm. Started off at about 60 a 5 AM.

Southwest Washington here... nothing a little rain gear can't handle for year round hunting... especially with the waterproof Equinox :) Tim.

We are thawed out here in Idaho, at least in the valleys. the lake is still down, so lots of water hunts when it arrives.

n/t

Here in Oklahoma, you can hunt pretty much year round. There are some periods in there during cold outbreaks where the ground freezes briefly, a few days to a week at a time maybe, but then it warms up and thaws quickly too. So I'd say it's pretty much year round here. I will definitely be out with the Equinox shortly after I receive it; problem is, I'm trying to learn the CTX right now, also, so it's going to be tough to learn two at once! Good problem to have, I guess!

Steve

My favorite time of the year to detect in these parts. That being north-eastern North Carolina. We've had some bone shattering cold this year but normally those days are few and far between. The ground is moist, the fields are cleared, the grass in the parks and yards has died back. Plus the days are getting longer. I'll be out with the E-trac enjoying every minute but I'll be thinking about firing up my new Equinox soon. Hope everyone gets that chance sooner rather than later.

I didn't realize how many folks are below the freeze line..
HH Everyone..

Well....ummm....no....not there but close! I have camped out in the old barracks before I started metal detecting and thought the same as you that there should be lots of finds here. But LOTS of history on that island....just wish it wasn’t a State Park. :-(

Have had mine since 1997 and have been a lot of places....but we always go back to Cozumel. If you ever decide to take a trip down there...drop me a line. Some hotels are :thumbup: and some :thumbdown: .

The ground is frozen solid here in southwest PA but the woods never get too bad,as long as it's over 20 degrees I know where I'll be! Just waiting on the phone call to drive 30 mins to pick it up!

In Tennessee it’s not bad 30-50 degrees. I hunt ever chance I get!:wiggle:

I detected yesterday. It was cold here in NC but not to bad. I ended up with 45 coins. 4 wheats, 3 silvers, 1 military badge, and 1 piece of jewelry. Sorry to the guys that cant get out.