Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who can actually detect right now?

GKMan

So, we finally got news that our long awaited Equinox's will be arriving at our doorsteps some time soon for some of us. How many of us can actually detect this time of year though? Our ground will be pretty tough up here, but I will try nonetheless. I really look forward to seeing what people are finding. Although impossible to prove, it is fun to think that we will probably be the first ones to find a "lets say a flying eagle cent" with an Equinox.
HH

im in Arizona pretty much can hunt year round :)

I am packing my bags and heading to AZ!

View out my back window this morning.. little enough snow to detect through but ground is like concrete.

Fun thing is I dug a KG between the two cedars on the right and another copper on the left by my shed..

Living in Houston, detecting is a year round hobby. We did have one, for us, brutally cold week. Other than that we're good to go. Living in the south has it's benefits.

With some parts of Houston being demoed right now as a result of Harvey, there are hundreds of places to hunt, but not a great prospect of digging an old English penny. Maybe some older Spanish reales, 1700's, but I have only seen one 'large cent' dug here. A few 3 cent coins, mid 1800's coins, and I got a 1799 1/2 reale a few years ago. But, the weather is great at the moment. Mid 60's to mid 70's in the day.

Man, what a bunch of lucky ducks...
My temp is 23 and dropping..

I am a little further south than Kajunman In Victoria and have a water hunt scheduled for Feb 19th. Hope to take it and put it through its paces in salt water. The CTX and CZ21 do well there especially with the CTX 6” coil. Hoping to get the 6” coil and the waterproof headphones for the Big E too!

Here in southwest Kansas we have been awful lucky so far *knock wood*. It has got plenty cold but without any moisture the ground has not frozen. I pray it stays that way until after I get my EQ

We’re at 0 degrees with -15 wind chill in southern WI right now. Don’t come here.

Oh wow, can't wait to hear how it stacks up.. I am currently getting certified to Scuba dive. I won't be official until June when I can do our open water dives at Dutch Springs in PA. Anyhow I look forward to trying out the Equinox underwater a lot this year. At less than ten feet of course...

GKMan said:
So, we finally got news that our long awaited Equinox's will be arriving at our doorsteps some time soon for some of us. How many of us can actually detect this time of year though? Our ground will be pretty tough up here, but I will try nonetheless. I really look forward to seeing what people are finding. Although impossible to prove, it is fun to think that we will probably be the first ones to find a "lets say a flying eagle cent" with an Equinox.
HH

I can, it's going to be warm and sunny here in NM. It is extremely dry though, no rain in the last 3-4 months.

Keith, did you ever think about sneaking over to Matagorda Island and detect around the old AF base housing areas? I flew over there one time about 30 years ago and we went flounder gigging all night long. Only two planes there that night and it was quiet! Set up tents and camping gear right on the taxiway, about 100' foot from the inland side. Neat experience.

I am squinting my eyes at all you guys!

GKMAN, I got that same weather station for Christmas but I havent gotten a mount set up for it yet.

As for weather, if you can stand 30 mile an hour winds its detectable in my area although no moisture in 90+ days has left the ground really, really, really dry.

Jason in Enid said:
GKMAN, I got that same weather station for Christmas but I havent gotten a mount set up for it yet.

As for weather, if you can stand 30 mile an hour winds its detectable in my area although no moisture in 90+ days has left the ground really, really, really dry.

Hey Jason
Yeah I really like it. My mother bought one for my father and I. I found that my pool skimmer pole was an exact fit for the hole in the bottom of the unit. So I put it in there and extended it all the way and then ice climbed to the top of my roof which is about the recommended thirty feet. Mounted it on the toilet vent pipe. Climbing up there when it was covered in snow and ice was one of the stupider things I have done. Anyhow it has been working well.
Brr, sounds cold. How about along stream banks? Is it easier to dig for you there? I have had great luck digging colonial coins within steps of streams up here.