Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who has one and a CTX ?

robinb

Can someone who has the EQ and the CTX confirm if the headphone tread is the same on both machines or not.

Ie an M12

I know it won't work as it needs a 3.5mm jack internally.

I am going to make an adapter but want to know about the tread on the body so I can order the parts.

thanks

I have both let me take a look
robinb said:
Can someone who has the EQ and the CTX confirm if the headphone tread is the same on both machines or not.

Ie an M12

I know it won't work as it needs a 3.5mm jack internally.

I am going to make an adapter but want to know about the tread on the body so I can order the parts.

thanks

I just screwed my grey ghost from my ctx right into it so threading is same... good to know let me know how your project comes along

2nosqe.jpg

11rdpmo.jpg

mls1mq.jpg

Im curious as to why the CTX has so many prongs?

bigelow said:
Im curious as to why the CTX has so many prongs?

No idea as only 3 are used and 2 of those are shorted for headphone detection.

I know its very very early days but what are your thoughts vs ctx ?

So are the Eq headsets monaural?

Wasnt there some issue about the CTX with the 1/4 jack needing an adaptor (monaural or stereo???) or something so a different headset would work? I have the CTX and know I had to get an adaptor for ear buds and am planning on using ear buds with the Eq. So, is the Eq 1/8" jack monaural or stereo and is there a need for some special adaptor for almost all stereo ear buds, or are all the same? Or am I really confused about the issue? Confused, yep, that is probably correct.

Very good question I would have thought the EQ is mono.

The ctx issue was due to the headphone detect method and had to be 1 pair of pins shorted out.

I am assuming (maybe incorrectly ) that the EQ uses the mechanical method of disconnecting the speaker used with jack plugs.

Until I get me hands on one, or read otherwise will be testing this out asap.

It is stereo, at least the plug that came for my wireless has the 2 rings on it
jas415 said:
So are the Eq headsets monaural?

Wasnt there some issue about the CTX with the 1/4 jack needing an adaptor (monaural or stereo???) or something so a different headset would work? I have the CTX and know I had to get an adaptor for ear buds and am planning on using ear buds with the Eq. So, is the Eq 1/8" jack monaural or stereo and is there a need for some special adaptor for almost all stereo ear buds, or are all the same? Or am I really confused about the issue? Confused, yep, that is probably correct.

how would i test? would i need mono headphones?
robinb said:
Yes I guess they did that as it is easier to source stereo plugs than mono ones. (or headphones)

Plug in some stereo ones and see if it gives a stereo signal.

I thinks its mono only as stereo might be a bit confusing when detecting.

any cheap headphones will do

I plugged in some earbuds but dont know what im listening for, i dont hear any echo effects to me I would call it mono
robinb said:
Plug in some stereo ones and see if it gives a stereo signal.

I thinks its mono only as stereo might be a bit confusing when detecting.

any cheap headphones will do

yes , that makes sense.

you would hear a phase difference if it was stereo.

what are your first thoughts on it vs the ctx ?