Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM09 for The Manticore, 700/900, and Xterra Pro.

I just plugged in a 1Mii ML300 5.3 Bluetooth tx/rx unit to my Manticore and used a locally purchased 5.3low latency set of earbuds and wow they sound great. Paired flawessly. Now just need to finish wiring the Manticore earphone plug to the cord and spare 3.5 earphone plug and zip tie the unit too the arm rest. Didn’t notice any delay or lag so think it will be much better than the ML105’s and cheaper than the WM-09.
Pictures of completed hookup.

Attachments

• C73797D6-0A00-4BDF-A74A-54B8E21B48B7-95932-00000A1D22AA4E00.jpeg
    C73797D6-0A00-4BDF-A74A-54B8E21B48B7-95932-00000A1D22AA4E00.jpeg
    606.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 2E757FA9-054A-44F2-BA69-679E255FE318-95990-00000A1E16AFA665.jpeg
    2E757FA9-054A-44F2-BA69-679E255FE318-95990-00000A1E16AFA665.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 54
I came up with an idea, so I thought, to where I could find a Double ended 1/4" female adapter, and plug the Minelab 1/8" cable plug into a 1/4" male adapter, and then plug that into one side of the female adapter, that way I could plug my headphones into the other side, but I guess the Minelab engineers already thought of that, so they put tabs on the sides of their 1/8" plug so you couldn't stick it into a 1/4" one. Man, that's just wrong. They really put a lot of thought in that, to force us to buy their WMO9 module.🤣
20231228_212341.jpg

I guess I could overcome that by buying a plastic double female 1/4" adapter, and sticking it in a chuck on a mill, indicating it making it perpendicular and center, and finding an End Mill that's slightly greater in diameter than the tabs, and cutting a slot through the center of one end of the adapter to the correct depth. That would solve the problem, but then I'd have six feet of headphone cable to deal with. 🙄

I bought the 90 degree connector from Serious Detectors for the Equinox 600-800. ($22.00) it fits the Manticore. Then I bought a few feet of 3 conductor audio wire from a local electronics store and a 3.5mm stereo plug and made my own cord to plug into the 1Mii tx/rx wireless unit.
It was a little testy for my 81 year old fingers but I managed to pull it off this afternoon and it works perfect. Just wire white wire to tip. Red wire to ring and black wire to the barrel of both connectors.

Suncoast kid, Sorry I don’t understand your issue. Are you saying the 1/8” plug will not go into the 1/4” adapter in your photo because the ledge on the base of the 1/8” plug limits the travel?

I bought the 90 degree connector from Serious Detectors for the Equinox 600-800. ($22.00) it fits the Manticore. Then I bought a few feet of 3 conductor audio wire from a local electronics store and a 3.5mm stereo plug and made my own cord to plug into the 1Mii tx/rx wireless unit.
It was a little testy for my 81 year old fingers but I managed to pull it off this afternoon and it works perfect. Just wire white wire to tip. Red wire to ring and black wire to the barrel of both connectors.
Heres how I did my 900. I used a Trond transmitter and the supplied wired headphone cord for the ML85s.. For some reason the audio sounded off a little with Mii when I tried it.

Attachments

• 20230524_090506.jpg
    20230524_090506.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 34
Suncoast kid, Sorry I don’t understand your issue. Are you saying the 1/8” plug will not go into the 1/4” adapter in your photo because the ledge on the base of the 1/8” plug limits the travel?
Yes. That's OK, we'll all figure out something. Looks like some already have. 😁

The supplied extra cord that came with the Manticore for the Ml105 headset has two tabs on the end that plugs into the headset. Prevents using the cord from engaging the 1/4 adapter. Like Suncoast Kid said things can be made to work but you end up with six feet of cord hanging off. Best to build your own if you need a 1/4 plug.

Great idea: 1Mii ML300 5.3 Bluetooth Tx/Rx unit. It works great. Thanks for the suggestion.
I also came across a custom cable for the Manticore on Fee Bay that has a 1/8" male connector that also screws right into the headphone port of the Manticore, goes to a small coiled part of the cable, and has a 1/8" female connector on the end, so you can plug in your headphones, or Tx/Rx unit.
Great in that you won't wear out the headphone port on the detector, and is perfect length to attach the cable/unit to the shaft.
20240104_150411.jpg
20240104_193106.jpg

Crazy Minelab didn't implement this into the design of the Manticore. A lot of people have their own preference when it comes to the type of headphones they prefer. Unfortunately it's not waterproof.
$229.00, I could almost buy a coil for that amount.
Or at least have it to where we could plug our own headphones into a 1/4 or 1/8" jack, with a IP68 waterproof screw instead of their own custom connector. 😡
Buy design another couple hundred bucks. The one that came with the 800 is nice.

I use trond on my gold bug and have the TX velcroded to body and reciever on an arm band and use ear buds nice not tethered any more . 40 bucks or so no lag

The Bluetooth on the 800 was picky so I enjoy the 08 module with earbuds. Tried a few Bluetooth but was hard to pair . The head phones that came with it pair nicely but they don't fit well for me.

I don’t like heavy headphones like the ML 85 - much prefer on ear Lightweight phones. Ordered Sony 32 ohm back phones ( like XP wired) and 1/8” jack 6’ long coiled extension. Yes it’s tethered but coiled cords don’t snag. I liked the WM 08 with the 800 - I had it and lightweight phones fastened to a baseball cap.

Yeah, those are great as long as you're not at the beach with 10 foot waves crashing next to you. That's when I'm forced to use my Sun Ray Pro's, or Black Widows, and unfortunately, yes, they do get hot in the summertime, but I do love my Sony's. 20240117_081853.jpg20240117_081922.jpg

Just got one so I can use my lightweight headphones instead of the bulky ML 85. I clipped the module on the front of a cap and the $10 Sony 32 ohm back phones
( much like Deus ) to the back. Hardly noticeable, comfortable and sound great.
I paid $135 for my WM 09.
I used the lighter headphones with a coiled cord which was manageable but still a PIA being tethered.