Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM10 won't connect

I enabled wireless
Selected connect
Pressed connect button on WM10
But it won't connect, I tried on all 14 channels
Any suggestions?

Toolman0114 said:
I enabled wireless
Selected connect
Pressed connect button on WM10
But it won't connect, I tried on all 14 channels
Any suggestions?

Try pressing the pairing button on the WM10 BEFORE selecting connect on the CTX.

Those WM10s can be finicky at times. When they get quirky, turn them off/on and try again...being sure to get the blinking orange light on the WM10 before selecting connect on the CTX.

If it still refuses to co-operate, you can do a reset the WM10 with a paper clip. The reset button is hidden on the front lower left of the WM10 face. It's the one speaker grill hole that looks 'different'...it's got a very small 'dash' next to it.
:)

mike

tried all this, still no luck

Try pressing the pairing button on the WM10 BEFORE selecting connect on the CTX.

Those WM10s can be finicky at times. When they get quirky, turn them off/on and try again...being sure to get the blinking orange light on the WM10 before selecting connect on the CTX.

If it still refuses to co-operate, you can do a reset the WM10 with a paper clip. The reset button is hidden on the front lower left of the WM10 face. It's the one speaker grill hole that looks 'different'...it's got a very small 'dash' next to it.
:)

mike[/quote]

Mine started doing that after about the fifteenth time I dropped it while still plugged into the headphones.:angry:
It was still under warranty and I was able to get a new one.
I thought it was such a pain to use that I never went back.
I have a nearly new one I could sell you cheap.:)

Try this. When you press the pairing button on the WM10 and it starts to flash, then press the coil button, the detect button on the CTX and see if it will pair.

I turn the wm10 on, then power up the CTX, then the menu go to wireless, then press the 'enable wireless' then 'connect' and then I press the pairing button (I dont know what this is actually called but when it is pressed when the CTX is trying to pair up with it, it flashes faster) on the wm10, and when the wm10 light starts to flash fairly quickly I press the button on the CTX with the 'coil' on it and it pairs every time.

I got it completely by accident.
- Turned on wm10
- turned on ctx
- enabled wireless on ctx
- held pairing button until it flashed orange
- pressed connect on ctx
The page with the channels popped up and I went to change channels but hit the menu button by mistake
- got a popup saying connecting wireless
- that changed to connection successful.
So after pairing starts you need to press the menu button on the ctx.
Thanks for all the advice.

To activate the wireless, I first turn on the detector, then turn on the wireless mod with the left pad. When the mod is turned on, press and hold the pad on the right. Then go to the detector's menu item for Wireless, highlight it and press select. The next item is Wireless Enable.....highlight it and press select. Then drop down to Connect and press select. Use the right and left arrows to select a channel. Then, press select. The mod should then sync up with the detector. When it does, I use the pinpoint toggle to get me back to the main screen.
If it doesn't do it within a few seconds on a certain channel, use the arrow pad to physically change channels and try Select again. If after going through all the channels, it still doesn't connect, you might try resetting the module. There is a place on the front of it where you can reset it with a paper clip.

Once wireless is enabled and WM 10 is connected, all audio is expected to be generated by the WM 10 even if it is turned off. Disable wireless to return audio to the detector.

The WM 10 Pairing LED may blink red occasionally when the WARM appears to be working correctly. This indicates a deterioration in radio communications and is for information only.

It is only necessary to perform the connection procedure once. After initial connection the detector and WM 10 will now be connected automatically

Make sure you do not use low impedance (8 ohms) headphones - they will have trouble syncing. Probably too low for the amp to drive. My Koss Pro 4A's sound great here but probably not a good idea and higher battery drain.Bummer.

Glad to see you got the WM10 running again.
I'm always surprised when I read about everyone having so much trouble with the WM10.
I have some how been really fortunate with mine.
I paired mine in July of 2015 when I got my CTX and have never had to do it again. I just turn everything on and go hunting.
It always just works.
Now that I mention this I'll probably have nothing but trouble from here on out.
Bryan

bklein said:
Make sure you do not use low impedance (8 ohms) headphones - they will have trouble syncing. Probably too low for the amp to drive. My Koss Pro 4A's sound great here but probably not a good idea and higher battery drain.Bummer.

What?! The headphones have nothing to do with the WM-10 syncing to the CTX.

Well what if the WM10's headphone amp circuit draws too much power?
It repeatedly has trouble syncing with the Pro4A's attached to mine but if I switch to other headsets it syncs fine.
The Minelab knowledgebase audio article https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf says the headphones should be 100 ohms. Detector spec is 16 ohms minimum.
There probably aren't too many headphones left out there at 8 ohms - most are 100 ohms or higher.
Just something to check if you are having trouble. (Apple earbuds are a good check as they sync fine, just need a plug adapter)