Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WS5 VS WS4

Jeff in Pa

I have used the WS4 for hundreds of hours. I have used many of the headphones that you slide the WS4 into.
I want to ask if you were buying another full size headphone and already have the WS4 would you buy the WS5 OR would you buy the other option?

I never owned the WS5.

Opinions?

Thanks!!

I have had both, and prefer the Ws4 ..I also have a set of detenix headphones that accept the puck from the Ws4 and cannot tell the difference between them and the ws5,, the detenix are basically identical to the ws5. So seeming you have the Ws4 you could buy the detenix,and have the best of both.

I see you mention the Detectnix, that's one model I never tried and believe me in the past I bought at least 4 other models.
I always ended up using the WS4 for the simplicity and the quality of sound.

A post above states: 'My lite came with ws5. I like them. If nothing else they are weather proof where the others are not'. The WS-4's are weatherproof. This pic is directly from the XP web site:

Attachments

• Saturday, April 17, 2021_8h46m36s_005_XP DEUS metal detector, the first wireless metal detecto...jpg
    Saturday, April 17, 2021_8h46m36s_005_XP DEUS metal detector, the first wireless metal detecto...jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 183
Thank you James. I remember back when the Deus first came out I thought I seen a video where someone dropped the WS4 in a cup of water to test them. I would never want to go to that extreme but it's nice to know I can hunt in the rain if i wanted to.

I had the wireless headphones on the ORX, much like the WS4, they were lightweight and great for the summer, but after an hour or so they would begin hurting my ears because of how they sit on your head, maybe it was just me. With the deus I bought it has the WS5, I can hunt for hours with no discomfort

I have both the ws4 and the ws5 headphones. I prefer the ws 4 headphones due to the fact the ws5 make me hot, so I have the ws5 for backups. If you can save a buck getting the detectnix headphones or some other headphone that works for you, that they are as good as the ws5 that would be the way to go. We work to hard for the change we get metal detecting:)

ws4 are flimsy so they can bust easy and not covered by the warranty as i found out when the headband busted

I have a couple Deus units so I own both and like both also have a set of the deteknics for the ws4's in cold weather.
I currently have one of the units for sale that I have the ws5's paired with. It is nice having a summer/winter setup but if the heat doesn't bother you the ws5's are nice headphones.

A replacement set of WS backphones are about 30 bucks without the puck. Even out of warranty it is a cheap way to get it up and running again if something happens to the speaker.

I have used the WS4 for hundreds of hours. I have used many of the headphones that you slide the WS4 into.
I want to ask if you were buying another full size headphone and already have the WS4 would you buy the WS5 OR would you buy the other option?

I never owned the WS5.

Opinions?

Thanks!!
I bought the Deus setup that came with the wired headphones. After a few hunts with those I decided to get the WS5's. I'm more of a full size user anyway and these are great.

If being really really picky comparing audio the ws5s are just a hair muffled sounding compared to ws4s. So minimal ya might not notice. If your going for quality nothing beats the ws5s. They are really nice phones and seem alot less bulky, lighter and more comfortable then the detinex ones that take the puck.

Anyone ever try rigging the remote to wear around the neck so as to not need phones?
just wondering
I have a waterproof phone case that I put my remote in and then hang from a lanyard around my neck. I mostly only use this set up when I am out in wet weather. I put the remote in the case upside down so I can glance down and read the screen.