Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xchange 2

ron948

i just down loaded the xchange program and there's no edit box on the factory programs. am i do doing something wrong?

Will keep an eye on this thread. I'm having a similar problem.
I can create a new program on the ctx but can't change the name from say mode 6 to hightide iron.
Then on the xchange program I can make the new program and name it... but here is no apparent way to transfer programs back and forth. I left click on the new program in the xchange program but no way to get it into the ctx

stephenscool --

It's a drag/drop process to and from the CTX 3030 icon, that shows up at the top of the red panel on the left side of the screen ONLY when you have the CTX plugged in to the computer, and turned on...

ron948 --

Not sure what you mean. When you click on the "samples" folder, and it brings up your factory default programs such as beach, coin, etc. -- you are saying there's no little "icon" with a pencil on it, on the right-hand side of the little boxes that contain each of the modes?

Not sure if this is of any help, but here's a link to the XChange2 manual, from Minelab's website...

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/116636/4901-0127-3%20IM%20XChange%202%20EN.pdf

Steve

The Xchange2 program I downloaded from the disk that came with the CTX is working great on my old laptop. My new laptop does not have a CD driver for the CD. I tried to download the program from the Minelab site and from the disk to a flash drive and to the new laptop. It is not working. It would not show any of my mlf files and there is not file icon in the left upper box.

vladorado said:
The Xchange2 program I downloaded from the disk that came with the CTX is working great on my old laptop. My new laptop does not have a CD driver for the CD. I tried to download the program from the Minelab site and from the disk to a flash drive and to the new laptop. It is not working. It would not show any of my mlf files and there is not file icon in the left upper box.
The file icon will only appear after you’ve connected your CTX for the first time.

it is a horrible user interface, minelab seems to make things more difficult than they need be

bigelow said:
it is a horrible user interface, minelab seems to make things more difficult than they need be
As a software developer for 30 years, I do not disagree with this statement... while it is not the worst I've seen, it could definitely be made more intuitive.

So, I load the software on my W10 pc and it loads fine. Big difference in version number from what I had before - which didn’t recognize the CTX. Looks good, run the app and as soon as I plug in the CTX, my pc died. No power. Time for my supply to go - 5 year warranty and it likely is older than that. No way the app or CTX killed it, just a coincedence. CTX still works, yay!

Not just the supply... dvd unit now has a short, supply is dead, bought another and pc starts to boot but Sata controller on the motherboard doesnt see drives/ssd. Luckily ssd on a usb adapter shows my data on another pc.. I’ve never had such a catastophic failure before. Must be due to ESD. Hope USB still works on the CTX. I don’t know how this could have been prevented other than by using a commercial pc or the laptop I normally use for the CTX. They would have better ESD prootection on USB ports. I think I’ll look into getting an external USB hub. It might have the ESD protection - or at least if it gets killed its cheaper and saves the pc.

Just to set the record straight, my later issues were due to me relying on existing supply cabling. The new supply had +12v and +5v swapped at the supply. Even though looks the same there are no standards here so I killed my hdds. The ssd and dvd survived. Sorry for the diversion in topic.

Yes. Supply was top of the line, $160, 5 year warranty and died in year 6. ESD likely killed it. I can’t believe surge current from the CTX connect did it.
The new supply is just as good but stupidly has a different pinout on the back for HDD connections. And I was stupid to not use the new cables.

AHH...so ESD killed your power supply, and then you got a new power supply but used the old cables, and that caused the other issues?

I'm sorry it happened. Hopefully, you get it all straightened out, and you can get XChange2 working properly for you.

Steve

The story continues.... I forgot to screw the USB cap back on and just detected all day today.
No underwater dunking that I remember but I was in the ocean knee deep and water did have a chance to spray all over the detector.
I saw the cap flopping around and ... damn.
So I blew at it and put it on and 2 hours later came home and looked at it.
Green gunk on some USB pins. I sprayed de-oxit on it and it cleaned off the green crud pretty well. Looked at it with a magnifier and tried to get as much of it out of there as possible.
I am leaving the cap off overnight for things inside the connector to dry.
I took the housing apart to check if water had gotten inside - no. I don't see how that can happen unless the black plastic nut isn't tight. A missing cap could allow the USB pins to get hosed but I don't think water will get to the other side through there. There is an epoxy looking stuff all around the back and the wires.
I have yet to try again to connect the CTX to my pc to see if the new Exchange2 works for me.