Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus 2 in Tot Lots

Waterdog

When you use the xp deus 2 with a nine inch coil what kind of settings would you use? I can not get even close to poles and dig big holes finding things below the bark and sand in them.

Try this-
Take a dime out and bury it below the bark chips or sand.
Then test the unit on that and lower the gain or power so the dime is barely readable but a solid target you would dig.

After that you should not be digging to deep and the support steel should not sound off so loud.

Take one of those three finger garden rakes with you when you go to tot lots and rake down the bark and use the pinpointer it gets in close.

You can certainly use the D2 on a tot lot...but I can empathize with the tank and squirrel analogy!!! ;)

I would use the General program and turn the sensitivity down.

Just the view from my foxhole....

You might try single freq. I suggest 18k or above for sensitivity to small targets. Lower the sensitivity and raise the reactivity to 3 or above then see if you can get closer to the poles.

Tot Lots can be a good place to test out a new detector. I tested my Orx and D-2 there.
Easy digging and quick recovery.
There is a school near home that is attended by Rich Kids. They live in neighborhoods where all the homes are on a cannel leading to a lake. You have to have real money to live there and have a yacht.
I hit it once or twice a year. I found some nice gold or silver like broken chains, rings. The kids wear real jewelry.
Of course you learn to ignore the deep signals in the mud because the age of the school. The area was not populated before 1991, so there would not be hidden treasure deep.
Now if it was in the older part of town that was populated in the 1800's that would be a different story.

Park hunting is good with the Deus' but research the activity to see when people started visiting. Dig the deeper targets to get a feel for what depth older targets are.

Playgrounds, schoolyards, anyplace where young children play. Usually populated with a lot of metal and plastic playground toys. German Kindergartens I believe.

Playgrounds, schoolyards, anyplace where young children play. Usually populated with a lot of metal and plastic playground toys. German Kindergartens I believ
Many of these small children play areas have wood chips as a ground cover. Cities will shred trees up and use the wood chips for ground cover.