Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1826 Capped Bust Half!!!!!!!!

The other day I found a coin that I only ever dreamed of finding, mostly because the odds of finding one around here are not very good. It is an 1826 capped bust half dollar. When I flipped the plug over and saw it was big silver, I figured it was a seated. But something about the 50 c on the back didn't seem right. I was too excited to sort my thoughts out and didn't realize it was a bust until I flipped it over. Through the dirt I saw the big stars around the edge and that gave it away. I'm still in shock that I was lucky enough to find this coin. It is the oldest and probably best one that I have ever found.
[attachment 299041 DSC04695-1.jpg][attachment 299042 DSC04685-1.jpg]

Sweetttttt! That is an amazing find. Good for you. I hope I am lucky enough to find one someday.

Wow, what a rare find and in really good condition, Congratulations!!!

find of a life time ... congrats

Congrat's!! I love it when things pop up in unexpected places!

That's incredible - congrats on a FANTASTIC find !:beers:

OMG....!!!!! In Idaho....?????

oneguy said:
OMG....!!!!! In Idaho....?????

I'm living in Utah now for school, but yes, close to there. It was totally random and completely unexpected. I still can't believe it. I imagine it could have been brought across the plains by one of the pioneers.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I don't know how I'll top this one anytime soon.

Beautiful and rare find Jason! A BIG Congratulations to you. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Congrats! That is something!

That coin is worth between 60 and 100 dollars. Not that you would want to sell it.

http://www.coinstudy.com/bust-half-dollar-value.html

n/t

that is a dream come true, once in a lifetime find! wow.....a crown jewel for your detecting crown. congratulations! she is beautiful!:clapping:

Another incredible find. You have had a great summer!