Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 day hunt Illinois

sube

Got out with the deus 2 for 5 days plan was head south hit parks and fairgrounds all public . Even got a half 9 inches deep which screwed up my only find dimes lol . I have not found a quarter in 3 years but 2 years ago found 3 silver halves one was a barber . The deus 2 was great to use no arm ache weather was in the 70s now back home and light snow and down below freezing at night.
My friend did well with his 800 and found many silvers it's getting tough out there but the coins are still there just got to put in the time.
I usually don't get to hunt till mid April so this was nice the day I left was going down to 34 so we ended the trip and headed north to the tundra .
Hope you guys got out . sube
20240319_160114.jpg

Got out with the deus 2 for 5 days plan was head south hit parks and fairgrounds all public . Even got a half 9 inches deep which screwed up my only find dimes lol . I have not found a quarter in 3 years but 2 years ago found 3 silver halves one was a barber . The deus 2 was great to use no arm ache weather was in the 70s now back home and light snow and down below freezing at night.
My friend did well with his 800 and found many silvers it's getting tough out there but the coins are still there just got to put in the time.
I usually don't get to hunt till mid April so this was nice the day I left was going down to 34 so we ended the trip and headed north to the tundra .
View attachment 54475
Congratulations on those cool finds!

Great finds killing it thats more indians I find in a year! I bought your Manticore right?
Mark

Great finds killing it thats more indians I find in a year! I bought your Manticore right?
Mark
Yes you did I kept the deus 2 because of weight as far as performance the CTX deus 2 manticore and legend are pretty much on par . As far as the nox I just could not gel with it .
A lot of those Indians were coming in lower than one would expect the deus 2 the # was always 83 to 84 but some of these were hitting 79 to 81 especially those in the 8 inch range .
But here lies the devil certain pull-tabs read here also 79 t0 80 if the place is loaded with these pulls I ignore these #s will I miss you bet but digging pull-tabs don't give me coins . Same for nickels if pulls are scarce I will dig nickels signals .
As to wheats I dig them all they have a wider range than the Indians a lot of barbers read as wheats seams the deeper you go the closer they read to wheats . You will also note not many what's it's the less what's it's the less junk digging disc is your friend (SOMETIMES) .I miss those 70s now back at home expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow but we will see they say one thing and it's another 20 degrees here right now man does that make me cringe when the wind blows . sube

Yes you did I kept the deus 2 because of weight as far as performance the CTX deus 2 manticore and legend are pretty much on par . As far as the nox I just could not gel with it .
A lot of those Indians were coming in lower than one would expect the deus 2 the # was always 83 to 84 but some of these were hitting 79 to 81 especially those in the 8 inch range .
But here lies the devil certain pull-tabs read here also 79 t0 80 if the place is loaded with these pulls I ignore these #s will I miss you bet but digging pull-tabs don't give me coins . Same for nickels if pulls are scarce I will dig nickels signals .
As to wheats I dig them all they have a wider range than the Indians a lot of barbers read as wheats seams the deeper you go the closer they read to wheats . You will also note not many what's it's the less what's it's the less junk digging disc is your friend (SOMETIMES) .I miss those 70s now back at home expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow but we will see they say one thing and it's another 20 degrees here right now man does that make me cringe when the wind blows . sube
I thought so lol I had a indian on the river on my manticore come up as a 45! But I dig everything lots of very worn silver coins
come up in the lower 70's I had one a bit smaller than a dime so crusted I can't tell what it is but if I did not dig everything
probably would have gone over it! Yeah in the 30's here today cold!
Mark

View attachment 54475
Excellent haul !!!! nice finds !!!!

Great finds. With those faring numbers I am curious as to what base program you are starting with? The soil conditions there can not be much different than here in SW Michigan. Also real cold here today, 18 degrees this morning...

View attachment 54475
That's a boatload of silver !!! Just love them walkers !!! Barbers are my favorite, too. WTG !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

Some nice condition coins in your finds. Glad you got out.

Great finds. With those faring numbers I am curious as to what base program you are starting with? The soil conditions there can not be much different than here in SW Michigan. Also real cold here today, 18 degrees this morning...
Depended where I was hunting have not played to much with settings . But given you can run 14kz in high conductor with 24 khz or 40 khz you could run 14khz and 40 khz and end up with deep low conductor . I am only guessing but seeing that you can change frequency to the same in each mode IDS should follow .
Will have to run some test when it gets warmer .
Still looking 52 You know I am hunting in Illinois and the guy from Illinois is hunting in Wisconsin when warm enough lol . I think I have a different attitude when I hunt were I have not been compared to my local areas that I have pounded . The areas I hunt out of state may have been pounded harder than my own I think attitude play a big part in if you find or don't .
If you don't go you won't find nobody gets it all . sube

Depended where I was hunting have not played to much with settings . But given you can run 14kz in high conductor with 24 khz or 40 khz you could run 14khz and 40 khz and end up with deep low conductor . I am only guessing but seeing that you can change frequency to the same in each mode IDS should follow .
Will have to run some test when it gets warmer .
Still looking 52 You know I am hunting in Illinois and the guy from Illinois is hunting in Wisconsin when warm enough lol . I think I have a different attitude when I hunt were I have not been compared to my local areas that I have pounded . The areas I hunt out of state may have been pounded harder than my own I think attitude play a big part in if you find or don't .
If you don't go you won't find nobody gets it all . sube
I usually go as long as it is about 45 degrees here, depends on the winds off the lake... Use the Deus 2 and was just wondering what base program you find using often. I tend to work with the standard Deus programs and adjust for the local soil/trash conditions..

I usually go as long as it is about 45 degrees here, depends on the winds off the lake... Use the Deus 2 and was just wondering what base program you find using often. I tend to work with the standard Deus programs and adjust for the local soil/trash conditions..
#4 the fast program but there are reasons I use it . I always hunt the trashies areas I can if aluminum is the key trash I will run 4 khz to 14 khz if iron is the main trash I will run 4 khz to 40 khz .
Reactivity I run at 1 to 2 I just adjust my swing speed to density of targets . Silencer at 1 or none bottle cap at 0 audio at 6 seen to many targets that were barely audible at lower settings I was missing some fringe targets at depth they were just to quite yet ID just fine .
As to HC just don't need it where I hunt there are so many options it's hard to remember running one tone and then switching to a different one pitch high sq full they all sound different learning one is key to knowing what your detecting KISS .sube

#4 the fast program but there are reasons I use it . I always hunt the trashies areas I can if aluminum is the key trash I will run 4 khz to 14 khz if iron is the main trash I will run 4 khz to 40 khz .
Reactivity I run at 1 to 2 I just adjust my swing speed to density of targets . Silencer at 1 or none bottle cap at 0 audio at 6 seen to many targets that were barely audible at lower settings I was missing some fringe targets at depth they were just to quite yet ID just fine .
As to HC just don't need it where I hunt there are so many options it's hard to remember running one tone and then switching to a different one pitch high sq full they all sound different learning one is key to knowing what your detecting KISS .sube
Good sets, if I get into the heavy iron I find that taking the BC to 3 eliminates a lot of the odd shaped larger crap.

Yeahhhhhh buddy!🤠 You go down the east or west side of Illinois? It’s out there, without a doubt. And you’re right, I go into a new site with the mentality that if I haven’t hunted it, it hasn’t been totally tapped. I’ve found a couple places that were BLANK but overall, more coins have been found. Lightly hunted places that still have a lot of silver left are just about gone, you really have to have the best equipment and some mad skills to get these places to produce, it’s just how it is.
And now we have more snow…perfection.🤬