Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Andy Sabisch new Equinox Book

I concur. The Equinox is not complicated. I personally can not imagine what I'd need from a book. I do own a 600 though. Mine was self intuitive from hour one. I have also used a lot of detectors over 10 years before the Nox, which took extra, 2nd source "help." All of that knowledge likely helped ;-)

5900_XL-1 said:
I concur. The Equinox is not complicated. I personally can not imagine what I'd need from a book. I do own a 600 though. Mine was self intuitive from hour one. I have also used a lot of detectors over 10 years before the Nox, which took extra, 2nd source "help." All of that knowledge likely helped ;-)

The 800 you can customize a lot of your settings for maximum performance and shift break points that you cannot do on the 600. For example, my beach mode, I set a break point for 6 to 22 to capture most of the gold range and set the volume to 25 (max) for that tone. I also use 4 tones.

CCadrin said:
5900_XL-1 said:

The 800 you can customize a lot of your settings for maximum performance and shift break points that you cannot do on the 600. For example, my beach mode, I set a break point for 6 to 22 to capture most of the gold range and set the volume to 25 (max) for that tone. I also use 4 tones.

That makes sense. My 600 seemed so simple from the start. It's been easy, with the help from forums and the on-line manual. It will be interesting to see if the 600-users add comments after getting the book. All knowledge is good.

CCadrin said:
5900_XL-1 said:

Customizing tones and break points is a personal preference. You don't need a book for that. If you want to get the book then get the book, but again I will say the Equinox is an easy detector to use. Basically four search modes to hunt dirt. Iron bias and recovery adjusted to YOUR site. No book can tell you what to set them at. And in the event you are confused or have questions this forum and others are free and at your finger tips.

Minelab went out of their way to make the Equinox easy to use. The internal settings that change with each mode were set up that way for a purpose.

goodmore said:
CCadrin said:
5900_XL-1 said:

Customizing tones and break points is a personal preference. You don't need a book for that. If you want to get the book then get the book, but again I will say the Equinox is an easy detector to use. Basically four search modes to hunt dirt. Iron bias and recovery adjusted to YOUR site. No book can tell you what to set them at. And in the event you are confused or have questions this forum and others are free and at your finger tips.

Minelab went out of their way to make the Equinox easy to use. The internal settings that change with each mode were set up that way for a purpose.

I think I'm more interested in how to interpret all the information the machine is giving you in difficult areas so I can mentally correlate that info to assist in the dig, no dig situation. True you don't need a book to teach you what the manual tells you. But as I grow older I figured out the less time I spend digging undesirable targets, the more time I can spend searching for the high probability targets. Proficiency and Efficiency are what I'm looking for in this book and that is what I believe I will get based on Andy's past publications. Time on the stick is always the best.

I understand that. I have no problem with people wanting to get better with their equipment. If you feel a book will help that is great.

The point of my post was to say.....Don't be afraid to push the buttons. Try them out. Most of us hunt the same ground every time we get a new detector hoping something will light up. Use the four modes. Every one of those modes is capable of finding stuff. Learn the difference and what works best for you. The Equinox is a great detector for a great price.

Bob38 said:
I think I'm more interested in how to interpret all the information the machine is giving you in difficult areas so I can mentally correlate that info to assist in the dig, no dig situation. True you don't need a book to teach you what the manual tells you. But as I grow older I figured out the less time I spend digging undesirable targets, the more time I can spend searching for the high probability targets. Proficiency and Efficiency are what I'm looking for in this book and that is what I believe I will get based on Andy's past publications. Time on the stick is always the best.

The bad part of the EQX detector is that you willl dig more junk than with a CTX or E-Trac. The tighter VDI scale means that there will be more blending of trash and good targets. It is going to give you great depth and you are going to see good targets mixed with iron much easier. Unfortunately I have never seen anything that can teach you better than experience. You have to dig a lot of trash in the beginning so you can learn what you want to dig or not dig.

CCadrin said:
5900_XL-1 said:

you mean 5 tones? that's what I use all the time..

I don't think I heard anyone mention that there are several different learning types (preferences?): some by doing primarily, some visual and others by secondhand experience- watching it done on a video. I appreciate the insights of a skilled detectorist sharing tips and theories on detecting and detectors. If I pick up some helpful info it's worth $20 to me.

pasttom said:
I don't think I heard anyone mention that there are several different learning types (preferences?): some by doing primarily, some visual and others by secondhand experience- watching it done on a video. I appreciate the insights of a skilled detectorist sharing tips and theories on detecting and detectors. If I pick up some helpful info it's worth $20 to me.
Exactly what I was thinking.

The new book was just received from the printer last Friday and we started shipping them this week.

I appreciate the input several provided which makes it a reference guide that can be applied globally rather than relying on one person's perspective or preferences.

Time online of late has been somewhat limited due to a number of personal issues which is why there was no announcement here as to the book being released but as people get their copies and get a chance to go through it, I am sure that feedback will be provided.

Andy Sabisch

Trying to purchase the CTX handbook as well as the Equinox handbook on this link below given in an above post. When I try to add the book not in my cart it doubles up the order for the other book and doesn't recognize the next purchase. Anybody run into this? Maybe I should just call.

http://www.treasurehuntingoutfitters.com/books/minelab/

PNWfinder said:
Trying to purchase the CTX handbook as well as the Equinox handbook on this link below given in an above post. When I try to add the book not in my cart it doubles up the order for the other book and doesn't recognize the next purchase. Anybody run into this? Maybe I should just call.

http://www.treasurehuntingoutfitters.com/books/minelab/

Just worked for me. Perhaps if you follow the link you posted and then first go to Andy's
home page then to the book page and then order the CTX handbook.

gw

So just got a text telling me that my Nox book will be here on Tuesday. Kinda reminds me of a scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphy was waiting for his decoder ring to be delivered. It would suck if Mr. Sabisch wrote "eat more Ovaltine" somewhere in the book. For those of you who have not seen the movie.........nevermind.