Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Andy Sabisch new Equinox Book

All pre-orders (before May 20th) have been processed and sent out via Priority mail . . . if you ordered a copy before the 20th and did not receive it, please let us know so we can see what happened

Andy Sabisch

No problem here Andy. As far as I can tell my preorder was shipped asap. Thanks. I received a text that it will be here tomorrow

Received mine today! Got my note pad to jot things down to work on. Ok.....here I go.

Steve, so far I agree with you .

I have only read about 40 pages and he makes some good insights.

Tony NJ

Question for those that have received Andy's book. I had the Etrac book, never ran an Explorer, and personally found the constant comparisons to the Explorer to seriously detract from learning the Etrac via the book. Does the Equinox book draw on comparisons to previous minelab models?

TIA,
Cal

Cal,

Sorry the format of the Explorer / E-Trac book was not to your liking but with the shared features, putting out two separate books was not something we pursued . . . but personal preferences are individual in nature.

The Equinox Handbook covers just the Equinox 600 and 800 as there are no other models that utilize the same technology or features.

Hopefully this answers your question

Andy

I found the book to be well written and very helpful. It is going to travel with me when I go hunting !!

Cal_Cobra said:
Question for those that have received Andy's book. I had the Etrac book, never ran an Explorer, and personally found the constant comparisons to the Explorer to seriously detract from learning the Etrac via the book. Does the Equinox book draw on comparisons to previous minelab models?

TIA,
Cal

I have read it 2x and been scanning again and I don't think of any serious comparisons. Also nothing in Table of Contents related to other models.

I have read Andy Sabisch's Handbook on the Equinox 600/800 twice and have been skimming it as well. Having just bought an 800, I do think the book is a valuable "how to" and reference book for beginning and advanced MDers. Personal experiences with the 600/800 and user Finds are highlighted.

I have also read Andy's Handbook on the CTX 3030 at least 3 times and use it as a reference frequently, as it contains all my handwritten Fe:Co coordinates for gold and silver. In comparing the 2 books, the CTX 3030 wins overall. I, personally, think the Nox book was rushed to print shortly (about 1 1/2 yrs) after release of the 800. Thus, the book contains some info from end users and those who piloted the Nox, but info from those MDers who have used it for yrs and yrs (e.g., how long does the battery actually last?) is lacking: again, simply because the 800 is new and MDers haven't had the time to provide even more valuable input. The book also contains some duplicate info to the CTX 3030 book, like helping Law Enforcement or using a DD coil. Valuable info nevertheless. Overall, I'd highly recommend Andy's handbook on the Equinox 600/800 and I imagine it also will provide reference for yrs to come.

Hi Andy,

I get it on the Etrac book, and I wasn't trying to be critical, it's just that the constant comparisons to Explorers were probably great for all the folks that came from them, but if one had never used an Explorer before, it didn't really help you understand the topic at hand.

Thanks for clarifying that the Equinox book is pure Equinox, appreciate it.

Best,
Cal

Andy Sabisch said:
Cal,

Sorry the format of the Explorer / E-Trac book was not to your liking but with the shared features, putting out two separate books was not something we pursued . . . but personal preferences are individual in nature.

The Equinox Handbook covers just the Equinox 600 and 800 as there are no other models that utilize the same technology or features.

Hopefully this answers your question

Andy

LawrencetheMDer said:
Cal_Cobra said:

TIA,
Cal

I have read it 2x and been scanning again and I don't think of any serious comparisons. Also nothing in Table of Contents related to other models.

Great, thanks for checking :thumbup:

Funny you mention the Explorer reference.....I hunted NYC parks with my eTrac, and another guy used an Explorer.....He found as many good targets as I did, and many times more...I enjoyed reading up on the comparisons....I also went out and bought an Explorer, stripped it down, and use it today as a beach machine !!.... Jim

synthnut said:
Funny you mention the Explorer reference.....I hunted NYC parks with my eTrac, and another guy used an Explorer.....He found as many good targets as I did, and many times more...I enjoyed reading up on the comparisons....I also went out and bought an Explorer, stripped it down, and use it today as a beach machine !!.... Jim

Jim I'm sure it was helpful for more then not. I'd never used an Explorer so for me the constant comparisons for almost every feature/setting/operation just muddled the message, because without an Explorer background those analogies were meaningless. It's all good, I managed to figure out the Etrac on my own and it was a silver slayer.

GL&HH,
Cal