Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone find the Equinox's USB connector?

WaterWalker

From Specification Page 66.
Software Upgradeable Yes, via USB connection ( Windows and Mac OS)

Maybe an internal connection that is only accessible by the repair service center?
Or maybe I am going blind, could it have been eliminated in the production units?
Maybe Firmware and not Software is upgradeable.

WaterWalker said:
From Specification Page 66.
Software Upgradeable Yes, via USB connection ( Windows and Mac OS)

Maybe an internal connection that is only accessible by the repair service center?
Or maybe I am going blind, could it have been eliminated in the production units?
Maybe Firmware and not Software is upgradeable.

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't got my unit yet.. I can't wait to try out it's other features...

How about the one on the charging cord?

[attachment 355004 chargingcord.jpg]

I just ask a well respected guy who is currently putting the EQ8 through it paces and he confirmed there is not an external USB port on his unit.. Must be internal which means sending back for updates, not good. UPDATE, WAS JUST INFORMED THAT THE FOUR PIN MAGNETIC TIP ACTS AS A USB FUNCTION. I hope this helps. Mark

It IS updatable and has been updated many times by the testers as the EQ was developed..
It does not need to be sent in.

Very interesting using the 4 pin configuration. Who would have thought?

Guess that is another reason to keep the pins contacts clean and dry after a day in the salt water...

For sure I will order another power cable in case I loose or misplace the original cable. Without it you can not charge the detector or if every needed update / upgrade the software.

Yep plugged mine into my computer with charging cable and it installed Equinox drivers.

It clearly states in the manual that the charging port is also used for updates.

WaterWalker said:
Very interesting using the 4 pin configuration. Who would have thought?

Guess that is another reason to keep the pins contacts clean and dry after a day in the salt water...

For sure I will order another power cable in case I loose or misplace the original cable. Without it you can not charge the detector or if every needed update / upgrade the software.

Comes with two in the box already...

Steve

Spellman: Thanks for making me read the manual with an eagle eye.
Nice of Minelab to put the update info in the WM 08 section. It says you will use the XChange 2 software to make the connection.
The XChange 2 manual is not updated for the Equinox, yet. I assume it will have to be.
I just downloaded the app and will check it out looks like a wealth of info will be available.
Two, nice one for the WM 08 and one for the detector.
Can not wait to have my Equinox in hand.

It installed EQ drivers.... wonder what that changed and does everyone need to do that out of the box? I did know it was part of the magnatic charging cable

I got my 800 two weeks ago. It included two magnetic charging cables for some reason.

How will Minelab let us know we need to update? Never heard we needed to yet.
After that we will either download the update then install ... or hook it up once on the ML website for a live install. My guess. All I ever worked in as an adult is info tech so I see how it could happen different ways. There are a couple possibilities to load the file - see what they say.

maxxkatt said:
I got my 800 two weeks ago. It included two magnetic charging cables for some reason.

second one is for your wireless WM-08 unit.

So it would be cool if Minelab was open-source with this. We should be able to trade programs, make changes. Going to xxx with xxx coordinates? Then just download the update some person in xxx made for the soil conditions there. Or .. whatever ..

Equinox 800 includes:
On magnetic connector cable for the 800 and one for the WM08. These are the USB connectors that can connect your 800 to your computer.
Plus one USB for the wireless headphones and one 1/8 " audio cable.