Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber Half Dollar & Other Silver

floodplaindetector

Finds are from a few weekend hunts since my last post. All finds were found with my Minelab Etrac at public sites.
Just after posting the last time, my motherboard went out in my primary machine so I started
using my other one. It seems to work as well as the prior one as I was getting some real good depth and hitting a good variety of targets.

The 1865 Indian head penny was pulled in North Dakota and is a pretty old coin for this area. The quarters and some of the dimes also came from the same area.
The Barber half and one of the barber dimes and older mercs were pulled yesterday in Minnesota. The old half dollar was surrounded by Iron and other junk.
The super worn 1899 dime was a solid 10 inches deep under some small roots.
The silver wedding band is stamped 925.
That brass 3 soldiers pin is an interesting find I have not been able to find any information on. I am thinking it has some age to it.
thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1898 Barber Half Dollar (Philadelphia Mint)
1943,1947 Quarters
10 dimes back to 1899
2 silver war nickels
1865 Indian Head Penny
23 Wheat Pennies back to 1910
1943 King George VI Canadian Penny
1985 clad Half Dollar

Other Finds
925 Silver Wedding Band & 4 other assorted rings
Roman Centurion? (3 soldiers) pin
Good For 10 cent Merchant token
Navy Button and Other Misc. Buttons
Semi Tractor Pin (Probably 1970s)
2 small padlocks
Religious Medal
Locket with Picture. Probably 1970s.
Hood Ornament (Cadillac?)
Horse Buckle
Large old Glass Pin
Tie Clasp?
Collar Stud
Large Horse Buckle
Toy Train
Wrist Watch
Pray For Peace Pin
Square Nail - Roofing Nail?
SilverCoins.jpg
BarberHalfJustDug.jpg
BarberHalfJustDugReverse.jpg
BarberDimeJustDug.jpg
ThreeSoldiersPin.jpg
Buttons.jpg
IndianHeadPenny.jpg
Rings.jpg
MedalAndToken.jpg
GroupShot.jpg

Absolutely stunning finds!!

Slow down. The rest of us have to believe there's still something left. :cool:

Wonderful finds.
Do you mind saying what size coil you use for your typical hunt? Any chance of having you E Trac repaired?

Someone who uses a detector for many years and all of a sudden it breaks down. So he picks up a different detector, same model, and goes out and is able to make this detector find just as much as his favorite detector ever did ? ?

This is what happens when you really know your detector. It is the sounds of the targets, when to look for a certain flash of a target id that tells you it is something good under the coil that you hear in the sounds and the ability to hear a small, high chirp through the iron and trashy items . Also the ability to pinpoint that target at depth
and be able to recover what you know is down there. Settings , patterns , tones and the ability to master all this.

Hands down...... " FLOODPLAINDETECTOR."