Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

before X-mas release?

I wouldn't get too angry, disappointed or anything else over something I read on the forum that didn't come directly from Minelab. I'm sure different dealers will have different delivery dates, especially those in different parts of the world. I'm not saying the post is hearsay or untrue but I would hesitate betting on such information at this time being hard, set in stone facts. No use getting angry, happy or anything else until something actually happens, doesn't happen or Minelab makes an official statement.

coherent said:
I wouldn't get too angry, disappointed or anything else over something I read on the forum that didn't come directly from Minelab. I'm sure different dealers will have different delivery dates, especially those in different parts of the world. I'm not saying the post is hearsay or untrue but I would hesitate betting on such information at this time being hard, set in stone facts. No use getting angry, happy or anything else until something actually happens, doesn't happen or Minelab makes an official statement.

Thank you for your input it is appreciated. Sometimes I let my anger get the better of me. In the beginning, there were several Minelab related sources saying an earlier December release. They should of provided info by now. My ground is not frozen yet but in a week or two it will be. I just wanted to get out BEFORE the deep freeze.

Tom Slick said:
My contact at Minelab told me just today that the release will be April 1st. :rofl:

The fact that in a few short weeks, half the US will be in the frozen tundra. If they release anytime during the winter,
they may loose sales based on only the southern state reviews. Why wait til the middle of winter to release a new, hyped up machine ????

Thankfully I live on the east coast and can hunt almost year round.

Come on Minelab !!!!!

Cheers,
Donna(NJ)

Donna(NJ said:
The fact that in a few short weeks, half the US will be in the frozen tundra. If they release anytime during the winter,
they may loose sales based on only the southern state reviews. Why wait til the middle of winter to release a new, hyped up machine ????

Thankfully I live on the east coast and can hunt almost year round.

Come on Minelab !!!!!

Cheers,
Donna(NJ)

Truthfully, its only the upper middle 1/4 and the new england states that freezes up. Pretty much everything south of the mason dixon stays thawed except for a few weeks. The south, southwest and west coast open year round.

Well...............they can release it whenever they want to release it , there were no official dates given other than early 2018 and..................................... " possibly " end of Dec. but that always did sound like wishful thinking. Its not as if they keep moving out the release date , as of yet they are still on track. Kick back , relax ,......do some detecting if you can.....or read a good book , before you know it they will be shipping out the equinox.

greenmeanie said:
Because not everything is about the NorthEast USA.
There are other parts of the world out there.

Uhhhh, Actually greenmeanie, it is ALL about the NorthEast, USA, Just ask any of the Avengers. They'll tell you. :clapping:

Rich (Utah) (not in the NorthEast, USA)

Cant wait!

greenmeanie said:

You gotta remember NH-VT-ME are the only place in the US that folks have no accent dont you know.
We also have almost every type of detecting. Ocean, colonial, gold, fields, super rich towns & poor ones,
big cities and endless woods......... All within a few hours. Something for everyone.
My grain of salt has been taken. When it comes out it comes out.

73 Tom
LFOD !

Obviously no one here has checked with their magic 8-ball. Luckily I still have one from the 60's that still works so I just did... it said "more news end of the week" then "delivered by Dec 22nd"
There you go... you're welcome.

TomNH said:
greenmeanie said:

You gotta remember NH-VT-ME are the only place in the US that folks have no accent dont you know.
We also have almost every type of detecting. Ocean, colonial, gold, fields, super rich towns & poor ones,
big cities and endless woods......... All within a few hours. Something for everyone.

73 Tom
LFOD !

No Accent? Please...I was born in Maine, but have never lived there. My parents were from NH and Maine, my father was in the service so we traveled. When he retired he moved back to NH, I finished my last 2 years of high school and almost failed, I had no idea what anyone was saying, after all most of my life was spent in the south, and Germany. When I was visiting my relatives all I could do is agree (I had no idea what they said either).

When I did finally finish high School I joined the Army just so I could be around people I could understand.after the Army I moved to Florida, and now Arizona. I did buy a metal detector while I was there in the mid 70's and cleaned out many parks for you.

coherent said:
Obviously no one here has checked with their magic 8-ball. Luckily I still have one from the 60's that still works so I just did... it said "more news end of the week" then "delivered by Dec 22nd"
There you go... you're welcome.

Actually coherent, I gave the Magic 8 Ball a shake a few weeks ago. Times were desperate. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2408400,2408462#msg-2408462 The future of the Equinox was a little cloudy then. Glad things have 'cleared up' in the last couple weeks. :biggrin:

I am delighted to see that others have held onto their Magic 8 Balls and use them at times like this when a situation arises.

Rich (Utah)

BobOso said:
TomNH said:
greenmeanie said:

73 Tom
LFOD !

No Accent? Please...I was born in Maine, but have never lived there. My parents were from NH and Maine, my father was in the service so we traveled. When he retired he moved back to NH, I finished my last 2 years of high school and almost failed, I had no idea what anyone was saying, after all most of my life was spent in the south, and Germany. When I was visiting my relatives all I could do is agree (I had no idea what they said either).

When I did finally finish high School I joined the Army just so I could be around people I could understand.after the Army I moved to Florida, and now Arizona. I did buy a metal detector while I was there in the mid 70's and cleaned out many parks for you.
Before your next trip north may I suggest Fritz Weatherbees "Speak New Hampshire" CD. See him on U tube also.
Once I was listening to a radio interview of a Brit scholar. He said the NE speaks almost the same way as colonial times. In fact its closer than
the Brits speak now. SO we are closest to true English......

Best wishes Tom
LFOD !

I was not trying to insult anyone ,so if i did please accept my apologies. My last 2 years of high School were the worst 2 years of my life. Learning Vietnamese , German and Spanish was easier. An yes I spent 2 hours on a trolley trying to pick up a British Girl when I was 16, had no idea what she was saying either.

Didn't insult me, but then again I have no idea what you're talking about or what your comments have to do with this thread...

BobOso said:
I was not trying to insult anyone ,so if i did please accept my apologies. My last 2 years of high School were the worst 2 years of my life. Learning Vietnamese , German and Spanish was easier. An yes I spent 2 hours on a trolley trying to pick up a British Girl when I was 16, had no idea what she was saying either.
LOL. No insult taken my friend ! Just putting some yankee humor in between the speculation & waiting.
Waiting for mud season to get mine (if I do) but having fun with the EQ already !

Tom
LFOD !

NO RELEASE OF THE EQUINOX 600 OR 800 DETECTORS BEFORE CHRISTIMAS. I just got off the phone talking to Minelab headquarters and they said the detectors will be out next year. I asked them if they knew which season they would be out they said they didn't know. Sounds to me like hopefully by the summer, I hope. Norman MARSH