Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

before X-mas release?

nmarsh said:
NO RELEASE OF THE EQUINOX 600 OR 800 DETECTORS BEFORE CHRISTIMAS. I just got off the phone talking to Minelab headquarters and they said the detectors will be out next year. I asked them if they knew which season they would be out they said they didn't know. Sounds to me like hopefully by the summer, I hope. Norman MARSH

really? Are you a distributor for them? You claim to have info that not even the dealers have been told. I smell something.

Jason in Enid said:
nmarsh said:
NO RELEASE OF THE EQUINOX 600 OR 800 DETECTORS BEFORE CHRISTIMAS. I just got off the phone talking to Minelab headquarters and they said the detectors will be out next year. I asked them if they knew which season they would be out they said they didn't know. Sounds to me like hopefully by the summer, I hope. Norman MARSH
No I am not a dealer for Minelab. I simply called Minelab headquarters and asked them when the Nox would come out and they said next year Don't believe me? Call them yourself and tells us all what you found out.

nmarsh said:
No I am not a dealer for Minelab. I simply called Minelab headquarters and asked them when the Nox would come out and they said next year. Don't believe me? Call them yourself and tells us all what you found out.

nmarsh!

Are you trying to tell me that Santa Clause isn't coming this YEAR? ! ! ! :ranting: Perhaps you chatted with one of Santa's 'Angry' Elves that didn't have the 'Christmas Spirit".

To tell you the truth, I am less about gifts and presents at Christmas than getting together and spending time as family. And, if they don't ship until after the new year, I won't feel obligated to rebox the Equinox (after running extensive bench testing on it), wrap it and put it under the tree with my own name on it. :blink:

Rich (Utah)

Jason Enid Ok, as you are a dealer are you going to the conference in early 18? Have you been told you would get 'dealer training' on the EQ at the conference? Does it make sense that dealers would get some training on the machine prior to release? Adding up the questions doesnt it seem logical that the machines may well be shipped 'after' dealer training?

jas415 said:
Jason Enid Ok, as you are a dealer are you going to the conference in early 18? Have you been told you would get 'dealer training' on the EQ at the conference? Does it make sense that dealers would get some training on the machine prior to release? Adding up the questions doesnt it seem logical that the machines may well be shipped 'after' dealer training?

I'm not a dealer (too much time spent at other means of employment) but I keep constant lines of commo with several. So I can get first hand reports of when things are coming.

Gents --

While we do not need any more "speculation," I'm going to go ahead and speculate...

From what is being talked about online, I don't think they are quite ready to "bake" the firmware. I think some testers are still offering feedback, and Minelab is still "tweaking" -- perhaps specifically related to the prospecting mode/higher frequencies? Not sure, but that's the sense I get. ANYWAY, that's a GOOD thing. I know many of us are impatiently waiting, but Minelab clearly wants to "get this right." I for one am glad for that.

So, bottom line, I doubt a release in the next week or two is going to occur...

Steve