Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can v3i be set deeper than preset coin & jewelry program?

MANDAD76 said:
Seems to me that if vdi number is rejected - then machine has to - reject/null/recover - whereas if not rejected and assisgned 0 tone - then no rejection/null/recovery time/delay - therefore less masking. Not sure that's right - just my thoughts. Interesting subject - thanks for posting! hh

I think I see what your saying here (or there).

I like AM for the response, and (on another detector) I didn't care for the recovery if I used disc. If it nulled out, I didn't like the thought of hitting another (good) target before the recovery was complete during the swing. So then I got to using and listening to all in the AM mode,otherwise it didn't seem right. Sometimes the blanking was annoying, more so than listening to all - to me anyway.

What's the pros and cons to the stock 10 inch d d coil.
I have been using the SEF 10X12 and I love the depth it gets..It goes deep to the point it surprised me....., by the way it's the black SEF 10x12 Coil and I have found quite a few nickels with it some of them at the 6 1/2 to 7-inch range..

Hopefully I don't start an argument, but here was my depth solution. I had a v3i and loved it, but never really got silver dimes past 6", so my local whites dealer hooked me up with a mxt pro with a 13" detech. Depth issue solved. I also have the mx sport now, it's way deeper than my v ever was and much easier to use. The v just wasn't for me. If you know how to tune the v, I'm sure it's great, but not everyone can. I couldn't and I tried for three years. Now armed with the mxt pro and sport, nothing gets left behind, nothing. Just my opinion.

quicksilver said:
Hopefully I don't start an argument, but here was my depth solution. I had a v3i and loved it, but never really got silver dimes past 6", so my local whites dealer hooked me up with a mxt pro with a 13" detech. Depth issue solved. I also have the mx sport now, it's way deeper than my v ever was and much easier to use. The v just wasn't for me. If you know how to tune the v, I'm sure it's great, but not everyone can. I couldn't and I tried for three years. Now armed with the mxt pro and sport, nothing gets left behind, nothing. Just my opinion.

I have run my V3i for 6 years and I have to agree...depth lacks with it when going beyond 6 inches for VID on coins, Oddly though, it sees pull tabs and screw caps, and last but certainly not least, rusty nails when "saying it is coins" deep. It's hard to undertand how the V struggles with coins past 6 inches. Maybe I need to invest in the MXT Pro too.

PanhandlePoorBoy said:
Whew... I'm thinking of purchasing a V3i... but I donno... all this sounds more complicated than Chinese Checkers.

It's complex but that's why it's the best machine nothing touches it in the hands of the right person.

The V3i is a programmable detector, if you don't want to "program", the VX3 may be the better choice for you.

5900_XL-1 said:
quicksilver said:

I have run my V3i for 6 years and I have to agree...depth lacks with it when going beyond 6 inches for VID on coins, Oddly though, it sees pull tabs and screw caps, and last but certainly not least, rusty nails when "saying it is coins" deep. It's hard to undertand how the V struggles with coins past 6 inches. Maybe I need to invest in the MXT Pro too.
the v certainly isn't for everyone . I have 0 issue with deep coin on my v . 6 years and your still having issues with that machine . It might be time for u to sell and move on bro.