Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CAPPED DIME

DWild

The NW Missouri skirmish site yielded another .58 Minie & an 1833 Capped Dime today. The dime has been beat up a bit from the farming.

Been hunting in two tone ferrous the past week in an iron infested area that I have hunted earlier in conductive and my partner has hunted with his Tesoro Tejon.

Two tone ferrous is really making a difference.

Will be back at it early tomorrow.

That is SO COOL!!! To be able to find a capped coin, not to mention connect it to a historic event is as good as it gets. Congrats!

Man DWild you've been killin' it with fantastic research and resulting TROPHY finds! I keep checking in just to see what you turn up next!

man, awesome! ive found spanish silver but never found a capped silver coin, congrats and good luck!

Congrats, Fantastic Find.

Rich (Utah)

Been a busy week but wanted to give an update. Went about 3 hours that next morning after finding the capped dime and found two more interesting items. Found an 1829 Coronet large cent and an 1830's to 1850's US Navy button.

There were some so called "campaign buttons" made in the 1890's that resemble this button but that would be too late for this site. I have found references to this being an early Navy button do to the vertical anchor. Also mentioned was different variations with the eagle faceing left or right.The button is smaller than a cuff button.

This find would follow the idea that many Missouri State Guard troops wore their old uniforms from past service since few were issued an official uniform.

The back is in bad shape and I can't make out any of the backmark for sure but I am carefully working on it.

Looks like your on a hot spot!!

Excellent !

Nice old stuff right there....!!!!!!