Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 battery seal leaking.

Protect battery terminals: http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-22058-Dielectric-Tune-Up-Grease/dp/B000AL8VD2
That will protect the main contacts but what will protect the small PCB on the battery pack?.........fresh water you can rinse and clean with Electronics cleaner but with saltwater if not caught early can destroy the boards contacts. I have been using Tarrago Nano Protector Spray on the Excalibur PCB's on reassembling, no results in yet.

I was detecting in Waikiki and noticed my battery was dying way to quick, I got out of water and checked my battery. The inside was full of water, I cleaned it and dried it out and couple hrs. in the hot sun I turned it back on and it was fine.........for 2 minutes, then the screen went out. I sent it to Minelab for repairs thinking it was going to cost a ton of money. I got it back 2 weeks later and it was all brand new except the frame, no charge and the sent a couple extra seals. Thanks Minelab your the best.

yep out of warranty here and cant afford a battery leak, so thanks to the guys who gave the spec's on o rings etc.. so I don't have to pay for someone's long service leave :bouncy: by the way no one from minelab has contacted me about the fixes they have made and they have my email address.

AJ