Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know what this is

bowyerboy

I found this at an early 1800s building sight can anyone identify it. I run all my odds and ends of brass and copper through my tumbler when I saw this it intrigued me but couldn’t find anything similar online.

Attachments

• A6A3CB78-BF9A-4FE8-A659-D03175D35752.jpeg
    A6A3CB78-BF9A-4FE8-A659-D03175D35752.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 168
I think coinspader pegged it.... It looks like it could possibly be a small clock finial.... I found a couple of examples on the Inter Webs....
That Mercury Dime is an eye catcher as well...;)

Attachments

• fin4.jpg
    fin4.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 64
  • fin5.jpg
    fin5.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 70
  • fin3.jpg
    fin3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 65
  • fin2.jpg
    fin2.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 66
Thanks for all the ideas.
The only thing I had thought of was maybe a weight for a small balance scale but that was only a guess.
It does look like that scabberd tip do you know if it was made separately and then attached to the rest of the scabberd?
Yes… it appears to be a separate piece separate piece on some examples I have seen.
Not sure about the example pictured above.

Last edited:
Cant tell enough detail from the “bottom” photo to see if the piece broke off or if finished. Is it possible its a small board game piece???

I could be wrong, but I'm sticking with a final from a cap box. The tip end of this piece appears to be more of a round piece like a finial rather than a scabbard tip being more pointed. Just my two cents. It's a nice Save either way.