Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox getting dumped

We are all different. I dumped the NOX shortly after it's introduction because the tones were so inferior to either the e-trac or the CTX and I found my greatest success was always came from the language. I never could get over the feeling that the NOX had a speech impediment or at least a lisp.

We are all different. I dumped the NOX shortly after it's introduction because the tones were so inferior to either the e-trac or the CTX and I found my greatest success was always came from the language. I never could get over the feeling that the NOX had a speech impediment or at least a lisp.
Interesting analogy. My 600 speaks the language quite well. I have also compared signals with the e-trac and CTX. My machine picked up every signal that they did. Your language interpretation skills may be a bit to be desired...

I agree the Nox is a good detector, but I could never get used to 50 toned, after 10 min I start getting a migraine, I guess when you get old your brain cannot process that much information. 5 tones are enough for me, but to be honest 3 would suffice. High, medium and low.
BobOso, I was like that too when I first used it. Now I use it all of the time. In 50 tone the good coins stand out, epically silver coins.
When you are relaxed and nto in a ton of trash, try it again.
Tony NJ

BobOso, I was like that too when I first used it. Now I use it all of the time. In 50 tone the good coins stand out, epically silver coins.
Tony NJ
Exactly

Not sure with the Nox 800 I haven't used mine yet. But on my previous Whites V3i you exclude all the unnessary tones and program only the common good tones. So not sure you can do that with the Nox.

Tony NJ
It can be mentally draining utilizing 50 tones in “all-metal” especially in heavy trash. However, using this method, I have pulled some magnificent coins out of iron.

Mostly because the ground here in AZ is highly mineralized, usually the nox can sound like a machine gun, add 50 tones and its sounds like something out of star wars
Bob, that would drive me crazy, I would be constantly Ground balancing or auto ground balance.
Tony

I agree the Nox is a good detector, but I could never get used to 50 toned, after 10 min I start getting a migraine, I guess when you get old your brain cannot process that much information. 5 tones are enough for me, but to be honest 3 would suffice. High, medium and low.
Bob that is very doable by combing bins!

I prefer my Nokta's "language" but ultimately, I can't argue with success. The Nox performed substantially better in the areas where I like to detect and I ended up with a lot more silver than I did last year with the Nokta. I like the tones on the new Legend though and I might try it out eventually.

Had 3 Equinoxe's and a Deus over the pass 3 year's, I sold the Equinoxe's and kept the Deus but recently purchased a 600 as it find's me alott of jeweley
in the school yard's. But the Deus did find me a heavy 14k nice white gold wedding band a few week's ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 132
Yes I guess when you get older it might make it more harder to pay attention I’m only 62 years old so wouldn’t know. I suggest trying it for a little while at a time and them gradually increase the usage. 50 tones makes,them silvers scream

Yes I guess when you get older it might make it more harder to pay attention I’m only 62 years old so wouldn’t know. I suggest trying it for a little while at a time and them gradually increase the usage. 50 tones makes,them silvers scream
Exactly. Someone using less then 50 tones will never get to experience this.

My 800 has been a great detector the last (ALMOST) 4 years. Gold rings recovered took a huge jump, old nickels took a huge jump, all sorts of deep co-located keepers mixed in with other stuff. It is as deep as my Etrac. Way lighter than my old Explorer XS and Etrac. Faster than both. It's a great coin shooter. I have 16 or 17 years between the Explorer XS and Etrac. There are times i miss the ferrous/conductive screen, tones were great on them, and they had a rugged build. But my shoulder i injured appreciates the 800. I tolerate the 800's ultralight build. I added a carbon fiber shaft and aftermarket arm cuff. Tones are different but have a similar 'minelab' sound to them. Due to the separation ability I hunt with my 800 a bit different than I did my FBS machines.

For me, my above results speak for themselves.

I wish there weren't issues with many equinox's leaking. I shallow water hunt and so far no issues there for me. I wish the coil ears were engineered to be more rugged. I do worry about them breaking. I wish it was an S rod design. Personal preference. That said, the 800 was close to 1/2 the price of my original Etrac.

No regrets here. It's been a great experience. Technology moves forward. We all have to make decisions for ourself. I will be adding a D2. It is replacing my D1. Will it replace my 800. No idea. It has some big shoes to fill.

If I had a flooded controller, broken coil ears, poor detecting results or other issues, I might feel different. But my 800 has done well.