Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ever since Exchange 2

I have been fighting the same problem on all three of my PC's for several days until my good Buddy LabradorBob came up with this fix and it worked for me :thumbup:

Ray-Mo. said:
I have been fighting the same problem on all three of my PC's for several days until my good Buddy LabradorBob came up with this fix and it worked for me :thumbup:
Ray what was the fix? I am havibg the same problem with Facebook and Youtube. I installed the latest version of Xchange2 from Minelab but still had the same problem. Thanks Pat

it is in one of the sticky's above.....http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1724300,1724300#msg-1724300

Well I deleted the vertion I had and he problem went away. I reloaded Version1.6.7-1.0.31 and the problem came back. I have udated Java. I stll can't get on Facebook through normal means. I have not tried Youtube.
BCNJ

Same here. Could not access Facebook or Youtube just gave a blank page. This was after installing Xchange2. My fix was to remove Explorer 9 then add it back again and now both sites work.

Go to Java's website, http://java.com/en/

Have your version checked. If you don't have it or don't have the latest version it will tell you. Java is important for a lot of reasons. Microsoft has tried to have it's own version and been sued it's so important.

G..

Thanks Guv........

Once you download the most recent version of Java Here

http://java.com

Then you install it,but the changes still won't take effect until you re-start your computer!
Then try the links that did not work.

LabradorBob

I just installed Java again, ensured it was the latest edition. I have the latest Exchange2 software downloaded from the web, and all other software up to date on my less than one year old top of the line computer running windows 7. I give up. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Enough is enough. I have tried everything I could think of. When I install Exchange2 I can not access youtube. I will not use a different browser so Exchange2 will function (I use IE) so I guess I am done.

Shame on Minelab for not addressing this. It is obvious it is affecting many detectorists on this forum, and what about the folks that purchased this Detector and do not use the forums, they must feel lost. A $2,499 Detector that you can not run the most important software on a high end computer.

Mike

I am in the same place as yourself. I have no clue what went wrong when I installed X2. I downloaded Firefox and I am able to play youtube videos but some sites are still messed up. I have the new version of X2 and still the same results.

flbeachhunter said:
I just installed Java again, ensured it was the latest edition. I have the latest Exchange2 software downloaded from the web, and all other software up to date on my less than one year old top of the line computer running windows 7. I give up. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Enough is enough. I have tried everything I could think of. When I install Exchange2 I can not access youtube. I will not use a different browser so Exchange2 will function (I use IE) so I guess I am done.

Shame on Minelab for not addressing this. It is obvious it is affecting many detectorists on this forum, and what about the folks that purchased this Detector and do not use the forums, they must feel lost. A $2,499 Detector that you can not run the most important software on a high end computer.

Mike
Mike, I had the same problem. Install Goolge Chrome for your browser and import your bookmarks amd all will be well. I did not want to change browsers but after I installed it and got all my bookmarks transfered it no big deal. Actually it's faster than IE.

Guvner said:
Go to Java's website, http://java.com/en/

Have your version checked. If you don't have it or don't have the latest version it will tell you. Java is important for a lot of reasons. Microsoft has tried to have it's own version and been sued it's so important.

G..
I have the latest vertion of java and it still won't work.
BCNJ

I have come to the conclusion Xchange 2 is not compatible with Windows XP running Internet Explorer Browsers 7 or 8. At least not on any of my 3 PC's :sadwalk:

Turning off the Chrome Add On seems to be the answer. I just tested it on my Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8 with success. I went to Tools and Manage Add-ons and disabled the ChromeFrame BHO

I worked the issues last night and I am running windows 7 I can't get it to work on IE But I have IE 64 bit on my computer and if I start from there it works without problems. For now I have just deleted it and won't use the options of exchange 2.

You could be onto something here...... Could be some interaction going on with Chrome and IE since Firefox users do not seem to be affected. Thanks for posting the possibility. Maybe some of the folks still having issues could try your suggestion and report their results. HH Randy

I am using Windows 7 and when I go to tools I see no box that says anything about chrome. I am using the 64 bit version. NOTHING seems to work. Never had a problem with any other software. I have installed a significant amount of software on this almost new top end computer, including some that are known to have compatibility issues (like MS Flight Simulator and the Radio Control Airplane simulator RealFlight 6) with absolutely zero problems/issues.

Never any problems until Exchange2 is downloaded. You would think Minelab could possibly come up with a fix, since their software is having compatibility issues with at a minimum the latest Windows 7 and or Internet Explorer Browser. All we hear from Minelab is silence. Even if they just acknowledged they are aware and working on a fix would be nice.

Mike

On my Windows 7 PC I removed Internet Explorer 9 and then added it back and it worked. I put the directions in the other thread about the same issue.

I fixed mine on Windows 7 by going to Control Panel and then Unistall or Change Programs. Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off on the left. After it populates the list find Internet Explorer 8 or 9 in the list and take the check off the check box. Reboot then repeat and put the check back in the check box.