Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First target with Equinox, and to boot didn't have a clue what I was doing. 1846 $5

Thanks Brian,

And good job with the new location, especially Tom's score on the sliver French coin.

Keep up the good hunting, we'll eventually get out on a hunt. Congrats!
Paul

Thanks Des,

The ground had some mineralization, going there again tomorrow but from experience I will need to ground balance.

I've been running prospecting mode with my top end VLF out here, getting extra depth with prospecting mode. Equinox from air testing, appears to have terrific prospecting modes. Going to try prospecting mode 2, that may be the better mode for this area.

Thank you Des,
Paul

Thank you waterwalker for sharing Mac's experience, wow amazing fellow your friend Mac is.

That's about what happened here, at first. Owner is okay with us keeping finds now he has a nice collection now, the first finds went to our county museum not just made by me but from friends I had invited with owners permission.

With owners permission, I'm now working on my collection but the first gold coin was to go to the owner. Now, I can keep the next gold coin if I do find another.

Thanks again for sharing,
Paul

Hello Kevin,

Those two find's, Morgan and Franklin are great finds! I've never dug a silver dollar, many half's but a silver dollar has never surfaced.

Thank you, and congratulations :thumbup:
Paul

Thank you David,

Appreciate all your hard work and sharing, keep up the good work.

Hopefully get out today if weather allows, going to try prospecting mode 2. Currently prospecting mode with my top end VLF is the better mode for my area.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thank you Mkus,

For me, making the find is an important part of our hobby. In this case, the gold coin means a lot to the owner due to the historical settlement on his property. I can always keep the next one if one does surface, for me I'm very happy the owner will have one to pass down to his children.

Thank you, and good hunting,
Paul

Thanks cladman,

HH, Paul

Thanks Jim,

Just glad I walked over the target, eventually one of my friends or I would have dug it. Hopefully more coins surface, so far only two have come out of this old trail.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thank you laplander,

Mineralization is a little tough here, effect's depth. Need some Ground balance to remove ground noise.

But the Equinox was silent, which surprised me. I'll compare with and without GB on next outing here, prospecting mode is next I feel that will give me more depth for this site.

Thank you,
Paul

Thank you John,

Like many other detectorist, I try and do what's right.

Still have your old Gold Scanner Pro, that's an idea I need to run it at this same site.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thank you Donna,

You've done well yourself over the years, keep upo the good work.

Terry mailed me an Equinox manual, went over it koast night much better prepared for the next Equinox outing.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thanks pyledriver,

Take care and good hunting,
Paul

Thank you greenmeanie,

HH, Paul

Hello Wayne,

Thank you, And yes, still have the MX Sport, use it for water.

Other forum is a good one, just too much auguring or fighting.

I'm finding prospecting mode on top end VLF are great in my soil, deeper and less masking under some conditions. Otherwise, use a GPX soil won't allow VLF to penetrate that deep.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thanks GMan,

Your finds are great! Keep up the hunt.

HH, Paul

Thank you Ytcoinshooter,

That was one terrific gold ring find, yes very similar to my gold coin find. Appreciate you sharing by this, always enjoy hearing others find yours is a nice one.

Minelab, I'll contact them. Good part is coin was dug on property with permission, owner is aware.

Thanks again,
Paul,

Thank you martygene,

Beginners luck, as many detectors I've used over the years still room for learning. In this case, beginners luck played in with the cool find.

Thanks again,
Paul

Wow that's one unforgettable find right there! Congrats to you Paul!

I'm hoping there's some of those in my park - not quite that old but definitely in that era when they circulated....

Gold seems to gravitate toward you Paul. LOL Reminds me of a water hunt years ago. I was detecting a Huge sand bar frequented by lots of boaters. Seemingly every turn I made netted gold or silver. My best day ever, 3 gold bands and a large silver designer bracelet. Not bad for 3 hours. LOL

Thanks for posting the gold coin my friend.
Tom Z